A Clockwork Orange - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 4, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 28, at 12 AM for Red Carpet, at 9 AM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99

0.jpg

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Left is UK. Right is BB. I definitely prefer the orange on the Best Buy version. I took the UK one and already put in on the ‘Bay and put the BB version in the box set.
Was thinking the same! Any other differences? Or just the color on its rear side? What about gloss?

It really is crazy. A simple task to print something. Just get an image you’re happy with, do plenty of sample prints of specific areas and print the closest match that shows the most detail of the artwork. Same with The Thing, Saw, Parasite and now this. Get someone who cares to do it, Someone who knows how to calibrate their equipment and can actually see the differences. It really isn’t that hard, and shows clearly that at least two factory locations are operating without any communication whatsoever. It must be frustrating for the artists too because effectively their art or concepts are not being showcased as they should be.

It really is crazy. A simple task to print something. Just get an image you’re happy with, do plenty of sample prints of specific areas and print the closest match that shows the most detail of the artwork. Same with The Thing, Saw, Parasite and now this. Get someone who cares to do it, Someone who knows how to calibrate their equipment and can actually see the differences. It really isn’t that hard, and shows clearly that at least two factory locations are operating without any communication whatsoever. It must be frustrating for the artists too because effectively their art or concepts are not being showcased as they should be.
Their ambivalence is pathetic.
I look forward to claiming a discount for their poor quality control.
Even if they don't directly produce something, they are the executive distribution supporter and claim "Exclusive" - - then push out cheap rubbish, thin slips with envelope folds. They cut corners to save "cents" then charge an extra 10€ bucks.

The back of the steelbook is as shown in the mock up of the steelbook itself

Dark Orange as seen in thread OP spolier and shown on Zavvi website

2.jpg

Not my video

Zavvi/HMV/Amazon don't do artwork design of steelbooks
That's done by the distributor/Film studio who get Scanavo to make the steelbook

Clockwork Orange a release from Warner UK they are the distributor for ths is release in UK
Distributors offer releases to retailers to sell some are trade wide and some as a retailer exclusive
The same steelbbook is getting a release from Warner (Distributed by Universal) in Germany
It's also been released in Denmark/Finland by SF Studios

The Thing was from Universal UK (Distributed by Warner in UK)
Saw release was from lionsgate (Trade wide release)
Parasite was from Curzon Artificial Eye (Trade wide release)

USA steelbook releases the finish and colour used can be different to UK and other countries releases as USA steelbooks most are separate releases made in scanavo north america

Their ambivalence is pathetic.
I look forward to claiming a discount for their poor quality control.
Even if they don't directly produce something, they are the executive distribution supporter and claim "Exclusive" - - then push out cheap rubbish, thin slips with envelope folds. They cut corners to save "cents" then charge an extra 10€ bucks.
Zavvi have nothing to do with finish or artwork
The same steelbook is been released in Germany/Denmark/Finland

This steelbook would have been the same if exclusive was with Amazon UK or HMV instead

Zavvi/Amazon UK/HMV don't do any artwork design or decide on finish used of steelbooks that's decided by the Distributor/Film Studio with Scanavo and made in Denmark or China

The UK steelbook mock up back of the steelbook is dark
The thread OP click spolier and also on Zavvi website shows image of just steelbook on it's own

What USA gets when it comes to steelbooks can be different in terms of finish/colour etc to what you get in Europe/Asia
1) Different distributors USA and UK for example
2) USA releases made in different Scanavo plant

The back of the steelbook is as shown in the mock up of the steelbook itself

Dark Orange as seen in thread OP spolier and shown on Zavvi website

View attachment 519097

Not my video

Zavvi/HMV/Amazon don't do artwork design of steelbooks
That's done by the distributor/Film studio who get Scanavo to make the steelbook

Clockwork Orange a release from Warner UK they are the distributor for ths is release in UK
Distributors offer releases to retailers to sell some are trade wide and some as a retailer exclusive
The same steelbbook is getting a release from Warner (Distributed by Universal) in Germany
It's also been released in Denmark/Finland by SF Studios

The Thing was from Universal UK (Distributed by Warner in UK)
Saw release was from lionsgate (Trade wide release)
Parasite was from Curzon Artificial Eye (Trade wide release)

USA steelbook releases the finish and colour used can be different to UK and other countries releases as USA steelbooks most are separate releases made in scanavo north america

I’m certainly not blaming zavvi for anything. When the artwork is clearly shown and the product doesn’t match it’s just very disappointing, and I’m a bit concerned about this printing too dark trend that seems to be affecting everything I choose at the moment. To be honest I didn’t even notice the clockwork orange one but now I know the US one is actually orange rather than a burnt orange is frustrating. I really like the art on some of these releases and the underexposed printing has killed them in my opinion. It’s not a cost issue; just a look what’s coming out of the machine issue and not comparing it to an approved proof of the art. Please scanavo don’t ruin your own products.

Got mine Thursday, it didn't arrive in the best of conditions, but I can live with it. One of the corners was slightly dinted and the envelope/folder was crushed. CBA dealing with Zavvi's CS team.

Basically, the slip is deeper than the one WB did for The Shining so it only just about fitted through my letterbox. Guess the postman just crammed it in rather than ringing the doorbell.

Zavvi have nothing to do with finish or artwork
The same steelbook is been released in Germany/Denmark/Finland

This steelbook would have been the same if exclusive was with Amazon UK or HMV instead

Zavvi/Amazon UK/HMV don't do any artwork design or decide on finish used of steelbooks that's decided by the Distributor/Film Studio with Scanavo and made in Denmark or China

The UK steelbook mock up back of the steelbook is dark
The thread OP click spolier and also on Zavvi website shows image of just steelbook on it's own

What USA gets when it comes to steelbooks can be different in terms of finish/colour etc to what you get in Europe/Asia
1) Different distributors USA and UK for example
2) USA releases made in different Scanavo plant
Well aware, not what I said.
Helpful for others.

I'm from the Netherlands, still haven't received mine too.
Always the same 'hope it will all be allright' with stuff sold out already.
Fingers crossed!
please let me know when you receive your package.
I'm in France, it was shipped september 30th ... and usually I get my oders from Zavvi in a week or 12 days at most.

I read there was a gasoline shortages in the UK ... so may be road truck traffic is disrupted.
is it true or false assumption ? Do you think all orders in Europe came by roads , flight .... ?

Thanks for your answer ;)

Mine exactly the same. Shipped September 30th, expected between October 7 and 14... we'll see. I'll let you know.
Just received this morning. perfect condition ... no flaw. I'm very lucky because Zavvi packaging is not great at all ! So you should get it this week. I had same estimation date delivery ;)

And I'm gonna cancelled my preorder for TitanOfCult edition !

Reactions: jailbird_joey