A Clockwork Orange - 50th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray Ultimate Collector's Edition) [UK]

nutcaseshy

Steelbook Addict
Premium Supporter
Mar 25, 2013
London
Release date: October 4, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon - HMV
Price: £34.99

71sRgeSkC4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This 50th Anniversary Ultimate Collector’s Edition includes:

•A Clockwork Orange on 4K Ultra HD & Blu-ray
•Blu-ray Bonus Disc featuring Stanley Kubrick: A Life in Pictures and O Lucky Malcolm! documentaries
•32-page booklet
•Double-sided Poster
•Set of 3 Art Cards
•Behind the scenes stills
•Newspaper prop replica

Special Features:

• Commentary by Malcolm McDowell and Historian Nick Redman
• Channel Four Documentary Still Tickin’: The Return of Clockwork Orange
• New Featurette Great Bolshy Yarblockos!: Making A Clockwork Orange
• Career Profile O Lucky Malcolm! [in High Definition]
• Theatrical Trailer

Yes, those prices are crazy.

If you are outside the UK, you pay the delivery and customs charges also.

That would be around £50 for this...
It´s annoying, that you cannot pay via SEPA like on any other Amazon website in the EU. On Zavvi you have to pay custom charges and HMV is only delivering to UK. EEK!

Reactions: Genocide
It´s annoying, that you cannot pay via SEPA like on any other Amazon website in the EU. On Zavvi you have to pay custom charges and HMV is only delivering to UK. EEK!
Zavvi Euro prices now includes EU vat

If you not noticed recently in past few weeks Zavvi parcels even for items shipped from guernsey has IOSS and code on parcel
IOSS is the new EU (Import One Stop Shop) system for passing on Vat to revenue in EU delivery country

If a postal carrier/courier in a EU country looks for Vat payment from you it's a mistake if the parcel has listed IOSS and code
A barcode is also ususlly on the parcel customs in your EU country is meant to scan it and will know Vat has already been paid
If you do get hit for Vat by customs which should not happen Just contact Zavvi provide a copy of the Vat invoice you paid postal carrier/Courier or Customs and Zavvi will refund you that payment

Either customs or your postal carrier in your EU country does not understand the New EU IOSS or OSS system or is not paying attention to the info on the parcel

• Informative
Reactions: Masta Norris
Zavvi Euro prices now includes EU vat

If you not noticed recently in past few weeks Zavvi parcels even for items shipped from guernsey has IOSS and code on parcel
IOSS is the new EU (Import One Stop Shop) system for passing on Vat to revenue in EU delivery country

If a postal carrier/courier in a EU country looks for Vat payment from you it's a mistake if the parcel has listed IOSS and code
A barcode is also ususlly on the parcel customs in your EU country is meant to scan it and will know Vat has already been paid
If you do get hit for Vat by customs which should not happen Just contact Zavvi provide a copy of the Vat invoice you paid postal carrier/Courier or Customs and Zavvi will refund you that p

Either customs or your postal carrier in your EU country does not understand the New EU IOSS or OSS system or is not paying attention to the info on the parcel

What dou you think of it?. Is this any better than before - at least it seems to be a more vast system, what is probaly necessary to solve the upcoming traffic problems caused by Brexit, but is it more eficcient?

What dou you think of it?. Is this any better than before - at least it seems to be a more vast system, what is probaly necessary to solve the upcoming traffic problems caused by Brexit, but is it more eficcient?
The whole purpose of the new system is to avoid vat not been paid and also will speed up delivery as customs checks get cleared quickly
You then don't need postal/carrier/courier be looking for Vat payment has it's already been paid

All this was decided on before UK even voted on leaving EU so not really about brexit but all retailers that are based outside EU and shipping to EU
A good few years ago all the EU countries voted on various amendments these changes was done in stages
UK voted to this vat change also as at that time they not even decided yet on asking UK public if they wanted to leave EU

It was meant to apply from January 1st 2021 but due to Covid-19 was delayed to July 1st 2021

Retailers based outside EU need to register for a Vat ID using the new system they can register in any EU country as that will cover the other EU countries

The One Stop Shop collects the vat from the retailers and then pass those payment to the EU country revenue the item was shipped to
This applies to items with a value €150 or less
Retailer is meant to apply EU vat at chechout or include in price
Vat rate that is used is 21%

The problem is some retailers based outside EU not registering for the new IOSS or OOS system

Amazon is different as they are registered direct for Vat ID in multiple Eu countries years ago and apply the EU country local vat rate at checkout that is why price changes at checkout to be lower or higher than UK price

Reactions: komor
The whole purpose of the new system is to avoid vat not been paid and also will speed up delivery as customs checks get cleared quickly
You then don't need postal/carrier/courier be looking for Vat payment has it's already been paid

All this was decided on before UK even voted on leaving EU so not really about brexit but all retailers that are based outside EU and shipping to EU
A good few years ago all the EU countries voted on various amendments these changes was done in stages
UK voted to this vat change also as at that time they not even decided yet on asking UK public if they wanted to leave EU

It was meant to apply from January 1st 2021 but due to Covid-19 was delayed to July 1st 2021

Retailers based outside EU need to register for a Vat ID using the new system they can register in any EU country as that will cover the other EU countries

The One Stop Shop collects the vat from the retailers and then pass those payment to the EU country revenue thet item was shipped to
This applies to items with a value €150 or less
Retailer is meant to apply EU vat at chechout or include in price
Vat rate that is used is 21%

The problem is some retailers based outside EU not registering for the new IOSS or OOS system
Thanks for the info, I wasn´t aware of that.

Reactions: paulboland
Just received mine today, really nice edition! It's so awesome that they're making these collector's editions all fit together. It would be awesome if they did Eyes Wide Shut and Barry Lyndon as well, they're absolutely unavoidable for them at this point.

Reactions: zoltan_g
Just received mine today, really nice edition! It's so awesome that they're making these collector's editions all fit together. It would be awesome if they did Eyes Wide Shut and Barry Lyndon as well, they're absolutely unavoidable for them at this point.
Barry Lyndon is in the Criterion Collection, Lolita and Eyes Wide Shut are rumored to be sitting with them as well. At this point I am not sure if Warner would release them in 4K, or hand them over to Criterion as they started releasing 4K too.

Barry Lyndon is in the Criterion Collection, Lolita and Eyes Wide Shut are rumored to be sitting with them as well. At this point I am not sure if Warner would release them in 4K, or hand them over to Criterion as they started releasing 4K too.
I think even if Criterion has them in their future plans, Warner will not let the opportunity pass to make their own 4K release + collector's edition. They know that the people who buy these probably would buy both if they each offered unique special features. For some reason I doubt that criterion will release Eyes Wide Shut tbh. It's one of my 3 fav films and i've been checking their new release scedule every month for years now hoping it would show up. I have a feeling they're moving in a different direction but who knows, I could be wrong and they'll announce the release next month. I certainly doubt they'll do Lolita though.
Also, if Criterion has the rights for EWS, Lolita, Barry Lyndon and 2001 (Laserdisc) they could just make a Complete Kubrick box set, beginning with fear and desire, their own releases and then going into the Warner catalogue. I honestly don't ever see that happening. But I would for sure be the first in line for a box like that. Again, I think Warner knows that people want a nice release of Eyes Wide Shut and I think they're gonna do it themselves, even if Criterion would to it as well

Received mine today here in the US from amazon.uk. ok, need advice. haven't opened it, but from the outside, the hardbox is in perfect condition. looking at the insides, the orange folder holding the cards and such is creased. HOW, if the hard case is intact?! so, HidefNinjas....does amazon.uk offer return shipping free for you if you're in the US?, like amazon.us does, where they will give you a return label to print out for free shipping? just asking to get anothers experience?