Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 4, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £39.99

817LXAAmP4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81upS1SxmnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81Nx4ZLaR0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Eugh. Does not look as good quality as the US set. Which is foiled, very sturdy, and has lots of embossing. This looks like basic glossy card in comparison. Disappointed to say the least.

Eugh. Does not look as good quality as the US set. Which is foiled, very sturdy, and has lots of embossing. This looks like basic glossy card in comparison. Disappointed to say the least.
The box is rigid, Its tough and there is embossing in the Avatar writing/logo.

That video doesn't do the set justice in hand imo.

The box is rigid, Its tough and there is embossing in the Avatar writing/logo.

That video doesn't do the set justice in hand imo.
It's not like the US set though. It looks flimsy in comparison. You can barely squeeze the US box, let alone flex it right down like that. There's lots of embossing too, not just a mild bit on the title. It's also foiled all over, not just basic gloss like that. It may look better in hand than there, but it's still the inferior set.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
just cancel both my orders for the uk ones and ordered the usa ones

just cancel both my orders for the uk ones and ordered the usa ones
Mine's too late to cancel, it's on route. It's with evri though, so it'll probably be damaged and I can return it lol My original US order arrived damaged, but I'll be doing the same now too.

Reactions: Wally1988
It's not like the US set though. It looks flimsy in comparison. You can barely squeeze the US box, let alone flex it right down like that. There's lots of embossing too, not just a mild bit on the title. It's also foiled all over, not just basic gloss like that. It may look better in hand than there, but it's still the inferior set.
It may be a little thinner than the US set and may not be foil which i hate tbh because the box gets damaged easier with foil, But it is not worth the extra expense to ship over the US set just because the box is foil and a little thicker. This set is nice in hand imo im happy with it and im sorry others are disappointed.

It may be a little thinner than the US set and may not be foil which i hate tbh because the box gets damaged easier with foil, But it is not worth the extra expense to ship over the US set just because the box is foil and a little thicker. This set is nice in hand imo im happy with it and im sorry others are disappointed.

I'm glad you're happy with it, but unfortunately that spoils it for me. Had I not had the US one in hand previously, it probably wouldn't have bothered me. Just the way of it. I can get the US set for about 35quid shipped, so it's the same as the UK one.

Video is squished vertically somehow?
Watched the one above, and it also looks squished, then I realize, that the UK is WIDER, it's more squarish, the US box is not that much wider, than BD cases. You can even see a bit more of the creature's wing on the right, at least one more yellow spot on it, than on US.
And it's definitely thinner, if the shininess is hard to define through videos, but if it's an entirely different size box, and thinner, you can 99% assume it's also less shiny.

All the characters and creatures are embossed on both covers in US, btw.

P.S. Here are mine
Fishfast40003.jpg

Video is squished vertically somehow?
Watched the one above, and it also looks squished, then I realize, that the UK is WIDER, it's more squarish, the US box is not that much wider, than BD cases. You can even see a bit more of the creature's wing on the right, at least one more yellow spot on it, than on US.
And it's definitely thinner, if the shininess is hard to define through videos, but if it's an entirely different size box, and thinner, you can 99% assume it's also less shiny.

All the characters and creatures are embossed on both covers in US, btw.

P.S. Here are mine
View attachment 573680

It is definitely wider than a standard steelbook or bluray case and i can confirm no embossing on the creatures at all, Only on the title.

Im sure if i saw the US set in hand i would prefer it but The UK set is still great and still features the dolby vision transfer and the extra cuts and you can get them out of the slip covers alot easier.

Amazon order dispatched I will have delivery tomorrow
It was shipped as 1 parcel with 2 other orders Amazon exclusive of Wonka and The Guns of Navarone SteelBooks

I'm glad you're happy with it, but unfortunately that spoils it for me. Had I not had the US one in hand previously, it probably wouldn't have bothered me. Just the way of it. I can get the US set for about 35quid shipped, so it's the same as the UK one.
Where can you get the US copy shipped to UK for £35? I can only find Amazon import which is about £48

Where can you get the US copy shipped to UK for £35? I can only find Amazon import which is about £48
Not looking hard enough lol see wally's response. I've my own route of US shipping, but that was the option I was referring to.