Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: April 25, 2018
Purchase links: Amazon FR - fnac
Price: €14.99

1507-1 (9).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
still waiting patiently for premium edition of this masterpiece i still think the amaray art still the best imo...embossed title and "STANLEY KUBRICK'S", debossed that "A" letter with full gloss finish...
that'll do, that'll certainly do...
ACO.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
Lol ... as if we didn't know ... steelbook designs - like fashion, food, hairstyles etc. - are cyclical and what we have here is a perfect example of a style fad.
When I think of returning style fads, fashion seems like a good example ... now, probably very few here around in the "70s - the decade that taste forgot as someone aptly noted - and if someone said at the time that flares/flared jeans, bellbottoms, mullet hairstyles, kipper ties, shirts with long collar points etc. would be back they'd be mostly wrong (as of 2018) ... in my experience only flares made a substantive comeback. However, as fashion is cyclical, who's to say that the '70s won't make a comeback in the 2020s
A better example of a decade that inspired returning fads would be the '60s with many items from that period seen on the streets today including mini shirts, thin ties and thin jacket lapels, drainpipe or tapered trousers etc.

Anyway, it's not as if every steelbook is produced in this or similar minimalist or arty styles ... although it may seem like it (lol) ... with arty / minimalist steelbooks appearing in waves since 2015 when the divisive so-called Pop / Gallery 1988 & Illustrated Art styles were thrust upon an unsuspecting populace.

I personally welcome all steelbook styles and like the idea and look of variety on the shelves although admittedly there are a few steelbooks I just plain haven't been able to warm to - recently BLACK PANTHER and DEADPOOL come to mind.

I'd say that the best thing about these new, fresh designs is that they open the doors to the more modern collector who may start with these and then gravitate to more complex, more expensive and more designery brands.

• Thanks
Reactions: axldelarge