A Nightmare on Elm Street - 7-Film Collection (Blu-ray Ultimate Collector's Edition) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 21, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £34.99

A Nighmare on Elm Street.png

A Nightmare On Elm Street: Collection (hmv Exclusive) Ultimate Collector's Edition

Includes:

• All 7 A Nightmare on Elm Street films on Blu-ray.
  • Exclusive film artwork with a spot gloss finish.
  • Over 3 hours on bonus content on DVD.
  • 7 Art Cards showing the Theatrical Artwork of all 7 Films.
  • Exclusive 32-page Booklet.
Films
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street.
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child
  • Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare
  • Wes Craven's New Nightmare

Reactions: Asopp
Only seen the first one and didn't find it to be anything amazing. Are the others any better?

Artwork is MEH by the way.

Only seen the first one and didn't find it to be anything amazing. Are the others any better?

You not find the first film from 1984 anything amazing :wow:
Get your eyes and ears tested :p :rofl:

I consider the following in order as good the first film been the best
A Nighmare on Elm Street (1984)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)

The following are bit weaker IMO
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) (Some fans have different opinions on this film some like it a lot and some don't)
The rest are average to ok but not anything special IMO
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)

Reactions: Noodles

Dream Warriors is the best of the whole franchise.
New Nightmare is also fantastic, it was somewhat silently revolutionary when it came out in 94 & paved the way for the rebirth of horror in 96 with Scream.

After that it can be hit & miss, The Dream Child is too cheesy & convoluted, Dream Master is good but it just tries to emulate Dream Warriors too much.
Freddy's Revenge is fascinating, it subverts the Final Girl trope with the closeted lead Jesse & has homoerotic undertones (they're not really undertones as they're very obvious). The actor who played Jesse made a documentary about it called Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street. Its also where Freddy started to become more of the one-liner chatterbox that he was famous for being.
And the less said about Freddy's Dead the better. Yikes!

The first one is a classic though, but I think if you didn't dig that one you might not be swayed by the rest.

Reactions: jasong and Noodles
You not find the first film from 1984 anything amazing :wow:
Get your eyes and ears tested :p :rofl:

I consider the following in order as good the first film been the best
A Nighmare on Elm Street (1984)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)
Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)

The following are bit weaker IMO
A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985) (Some fans have different opinions on this film some like it a lot and some don't)
The rest are average to ok but not anything special IMO
A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
Dream Warriors is the best of the whole franchise.
New Nightmare is also fantastic, it was somewhat silently revolutionary when it came out in 94 & paved the way for the rebirth of horror in 96 with Scream.

After that it can be hit & miss, The Dream Child is too cheesy & convoluted, Dream Master is good but it just tries to emulate Dream Warriors too much.
Freddy's Revenge is fascinating, it subverts the Final Girl trope with the closeted lead Jesse & has homoerotic undertones (they're not really undertones as they're very obvious). The actor who played Jesse made a documentary about it called Scream, Queen! My Nightmare on Elm Street. Its also where Freddy started to become more of the one-liner chatterbox that he was famous for being.
And the less said about Freddy's Dead the better. Yikes!

The first one is a classic though, but I think if you didn't dig that one you might not be swayed by the rest.
I'm not a big fan of horror, so it takes a lot for me to say I love a film from that genre. Maybe I'm in need of a rewatch though, as it's been a while and I only ever saw it the once... if my opinion doesn't change after that, then I guess I'll take your advice as to not bother with the others. Appreciate you both taking the time to share! :thumbs:

Reactions: Strangerbyday
I'm not a big fan of horror, so it takes a lot for me to say I love a film from that genre. Maybe I'm in need of a rewatch though, as it's been a while and I only ever saw it the once... if my opinion doesn't change after that, then I guess I'll take your advice as to not bother with the others. Appreciate you both taking the time to share! :thumbs:

If you didn't like the first one then don't waste your time (and especially your money) on any of the others.

This collection is crap. This needs the scream factory treatment
I wouldn't call it crap, they're certainly doing their best with the previously released material though I do think its overpriced. I would also like to see scream factory release this, perhaps with Freddy vs Jason, the 2010 remake and the Never Sleep Again documentary added?

I wouldn't call it crap, they're certainly doing their best with the previously released material though I do think its overpriced. I would also like to see scream factory release this, perhaps with Freddy vs Jason, the 2010 remake and the Never Sleep Again documentary added?
The Freddy Vs Jason comes with the Friday The 13th box sets. At least in the U.S. anyway.

The Freddy Vs Jason comes with the Friday The 13th box sets. At least in the U.S. anyway.
Only Warner and Scream Factory box set releases have included Freddy V's Jason

71bhc0W-PHL._SX522_.jpg 81rDvkRAYQL._SX522_.jpg

USA and UK Paramount Box Set releases of Friday the 13th don't include Freddy V's Jason
The only included the 8 films
195129_large.jpg 81GNhiT4thL._AC_SX342_.jpg

Nigthmare on Elm Street Collection no box set release so far in USA or UK has included Freddy V's Jason

There is a rumored Scream Factory box set release of Nightmare on Elm Street that might happen but still not confirmed yet.
If Jason V's Freddy going to be included in that possible scream factory box set will depend on licence agrement between Paramount and Warner with Shout Factory

Only Scream Factory box set releases have included Freddy V's Jason

USA and UK Paramount Box Set releases of Friday the 13th don't include Freddy V's Jason
The only included the 8 films
My Friday The 13th Collectors Tin has it......

74114_back.jpg

That tin is from Warner/Paramount not Scream Factory. Its got 12 films.

Last edited: