A Trip to the Moon (1902) +The Extraordinary Voyage (2011) (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Arrow Academy) (Arrow Store Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 21, 2020
Purchase link: Arrow Films
Price: £40.00 - £45.00
Notes: Arrow Films Store Exclusive Limited to 1,000 - Early pre order price £40.00 then will be £45.00

46d2c296-38a9-4b66-bd78-322ceffff5e9.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Limited Edition of 1,000 copies
  • Deluxe limited edition packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork
  • 214-page hardback casebound book of George Méliès’ autobiography, previously unpublished in English
BLU-RAY

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed Stereo 2.0 and 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles
  • Multiple scores by world renowned composers
  • The Innovations of Georges Méliès - new video essay by Jon Spira exploring A Trip to the Moon and Méliès’ career
  • An Extraordinary Voyage - Serge Bromberg and Eric Lange’s 2011 documentary on the film, its rediscovery and preservation for future generations, featuring interviews with Costa Gavras, Michel Gondry, Michel Hazanavicius, and Jean-Pierre Jeunet
  • La grand Méliès (1952) - a short film directed by Georges Franju about the life and work of Méliès
  • 2020 re-release trailer
BOOK

The Long-Lost Autobiography of Georges Méliès: Father of Sci-Fi and Fantasy Cinema

• Available for the first time since 1961, finally translated into English by Ian Nixon, with annotations and supporting material by Jon Spira, Méliès filmography, illustrations by Lucy Collin, interviews with filmmaker Serge Bromberg, silent film expert Bryony Dixon, and filmmaker Michel Gondry

Are you sure? It doesn't say it's an Arrow store exclusive. And DiabolikDVD said they will be getting some in. Just waiting on pricing info.
I'm 100% sure it's a UK Arrow Films Webstore Exclusive

DiabolikDVD Import a lot of UK only releases from Various UK Film Labels Distributor's and also order releases like you do from UK retailers
This Limited Edition release is UK only Arrow Website Store Exclusive

Arrow Films Website Exclusive Limited to 1,000

A standard UK trade wide release will happen at a latter stage but won't include the hardback book

DiabolikDVD Import a lot of UK only releases from Various UK Film Labels Distributor's and also order releases like you do from UK retailers

A standard UK trade wide release will happen at a latter stage but won't include the hardback book

Gotcha.

Do Arrow take payment for pre-orders straight away?
PayPal payment taken when ordering

Credit/Debit cards payment taken when ready to be dispatched

You might see a pending transaction for full amount with Debit/Credit cards but that will drop off after 1-8 days
Worldpay then resubmit payment request to your bank when Arrow ready to dispatch your order

Arrow can sometimes dispatch orders 1-2 weeks before listed release date

If credit/debit card payment fails you get a email alert of failed payment with option to update payment method.
You can update payment method at anytime before your order starts processing for dispatch

PayPal payment taken when ordering

Credit/Debit cards payment taken when ready to be dispatched

You might see a pending transaction for full amount with Debit/Credit cards but that will drop off after 1-8 days
Worldpay then resubmit payment request to your bank when Arrow ready to dispatch your order

Arrow can sometimes dispatch orders 1-2 weeks before listed release date
I’ve ordered Creepshow from Arrow and didn’t have any payment taken as of yet. Not sure if it’s the same fir PayPal ( not sure if they do PayPal )
Appreciate the info! Will pay with my card then. :thumbs:

Really? If you don’t have funds at the time they attempt to take payment, do they give you a chance to make payment or do they cancel your order outright?
When payment fails you get a email alert with option to change payment method
You can update payment method and delivery address at anytime for your order in your account

Its only the odd time they dispatch orders 1-2 weeks early

Most times payment is taken 2-4 days before release date

If you use PayPal payment is taken straight away

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelselecta
I have the Flicker Alley release so don't really know if I want to spend that much for a double dip.
Yes, the book is very cool...need to think about this.
At that price, I may have some wiggle time yet. :)

Thanks for the details on purchase and payment, Paul. Just ordered mine, although I have several editions of this amazing film. Looking forward to the book - not much in print on Melies.

Reactions: paulboland