Purchase Links:
Amazon - £12.40
Zavvi - £17.49
Sainsbury's - £15.99

10818319-1371124327-445814.jpg

10818319-1371124327-445916.jpg

10818319-1371124327-445888.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^^^ cheers. Looks better than day after tomorrow.

Can pretty much sum up this wave then.

Good
------

Die hard
Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter
28 days

Bad
-------

Day after tomorrow
Planet of the apes

Looks quite good actually. But why are these slips so much more vibrant colour than the steels? If they can't match it because of printing on steel Vs printing on card then tone down the image for printing on the slip. They should also tone down the mockup image while there at it because the finished article never seem to live up to it these days.

Looks quite good actually. But why are these slips so much more vibrant colour than the steels? If they can't match it because of printing on steel Vs printing on card then tone down the image for printing on the slip. They should also tone down the mockup image while there at it because the finished article never seem to live up to it these days.

I think it's purely down to the finishes being matte. The picture on the card always seems to appear brighter and more vivid than the Steel. The difference isn't as apparent when the Steelbooks are glossy.

Isn't one I'll be buying, but I think this SteelBook looks pretty good. I actually didn't mind this film. It entertained me for a couple of hours. After a tough day, sometimes that's all I'm after. Just glad it was historically accurate. :wtf:

I'm happy with how this turned out. Could have been worse like POTA but it's not bad. Good embossing and a solid matte finish on the front. They've been fiddling with paint finish on the back like day after tomorrow. The two characters on the side fade away on change of viewing angle. Also internal art is a wash out. Better artwork could have been chosen.

But overall, it's okay. 28 days later is my favourite along with die hard from this recent wave.

Reactions: rj531
The actual pics of this steelbook make it look pretty impressive. I might order it and custom add the 3D disc to it so it's a 2D/3D combo pack steelbook.

Was on the fence about the Media Markt steel, passed, and now I'm glad that I only got the combo release.

Reactions: bthompson87