Ad Astra (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre Order will be live on Saturday October 26th at 6pm UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12334879-1034713937363779.jpg

12334879-1764713937897791.jpg 12334879-5574713937460646.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you not then paying a lot of money for a slip cover just to hide a boring steel? Seems a waste of money. There have been some great slip covers on normal amaray blu rays., some even better than the steelbook designs. I have found myself doing that recently at a fraction of the cost. If you're not bothered whats on the inside, does it really matter if its a steelbook or not?

Are you not then paying a lot of money for a slip cover just to hide a boring steel? Seems a waste of money. There have been some great slip covers on normal amaray blu rays., some even better than the steelbook designs. I have found myself doing that recently at a fraction of the cost. If you're not bothered whats on the inside, does it really matter if its a steelbook or not?

I loved the film and personally like the front of the steel, but my disappointment comes from the lack of rear artwork. A premium set from Filmarena, Nova, etc, usually will have much more content, thereby making up for an average WWA. Not to say standard slips are bad, but there's obviously a difference between a slipcover from a high street retailer and a limited-run fullslip with extras from a speciality retailer.

What with every retailer showing a black steelbook in their mock-ups quite surprised to see what looks like a green tint and although green does indeed figure on other poster images have yet to see this particular image in any other colours apart from black and blue.

Pics from Steelbookpro revealing a zero finish with metallic reflections to the artwork:-
Ad-Astra-steelbook-2-768x627.jpg

Ad-Astra-steelbook-3-768x478.jpg
Ad-Astra-steelbook-4-768x474.jpg

Last edited: