Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

redlemon

Premium Supporter
Jun 25, 2012
Leeds, UK
Release date: December 3, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order November 11, at 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

AOS3_1.jpg

AOS3_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish not as good as the other 2, no border, white parts are debossed but the rest of the emblem is flat.

I think it works quite well.

The white coming through the logo seems to represent light through a window. I think similar embossing to the first 2 might not have worked so well with the feel this one is going for. I suppose the logo could also have been debossed, but again, I'm not sure it would really achieve anything.

Looking at the possible designs for seasons 4 and 5, I think we'll see a return to the embossing style of seasons 1 and 2 with future releases. At least some effort is being put in to these steelbook releases. When they started I honestly expected them to all use the same embossing as season 1 with just different text to same money.

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
I think it works quite well.

The white coming through the logo seems to represent light through a window. I think similar embossing to the first 2 might not have worked so well with the feel this one is going for. I suppose the logo could also have been debossed, but again, I'm not sure it would really achieve anything.

Looking at the possible designs for seasons 4 and 5, I think we'll see a return to the embossing style of seasons 1 and 2 with future releases. At least some effort is being put in to these steelbook releases. When they started I honestly expected them to all use the same embossing as season 1 with just different text to same money.
I didn't think about how the light beams would look, just had another look and I agree.

It's turning out to be a nice looking set.

Each one with a different type of embossing or debossing on the logo, yet in-keeping with the style of others in the set. It's amazing what Disney can do when they put their mind (and design team) to it. It's just a shame that most of the MCU steelbooks don't match anywhere near as well as these and the Netflix ones do.

Reactions: Butz2k
I think the way they embossed the 3rd one is fine. Yes, it's different from the other 2 as it doesn't have a frame around but I think it works with how the light comes out of the logo. All 3 are embossed different according to their design. I certainly don't think the quality is cheeper in any way

They suck you in and then cheapen the designs... smart.

Not at all.

Each one is different. The first one has a more intricate logo, the second one a plain logo (both taken from the digi-pack designs). The third one , IMO, represents a steel door with porthole window and what represents the glass section is debossed. You could argue that the logo should be embossed like a porthole window might jut out, but clearly Disney have put thought into this as a stylistic choice.

You only have to look at the pictures above to see how well this set matches. All the logos, titles and text completely aligned with each other. The MCU steelbooks can't say that, and there's lots of variances in the Disney Classics steelbook collection (some with no pictures on the spine, no titles, spine titles too high or low, no Disney logo on Aladdin etc.). For once, I'm giving them credit for this set (so far). While the Netflix Marvel set are good, some have the Blu-ray logo at the top and some have the Marvel logo. This time Disney have got it right from day one.

I'm interested to see how they will do the embossing on season 5 (presuming these are the designs they use)
Yes, will be interesting to see what they do regarding 'bossing on future AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. steelbooks (if they use the same designs (probably) as the Amarays).

If I had a gun to my head I'd say:-
Embossed artwork on S.4 to match 1 & 2 ------ de-bossed artwork on S.5 to match S.3.
1544356662331.png
----------------------------
1544356758970.png

Love your photos by the way

I think you're right.

Season 5 with debossing as part of the exposion could look fantastic. Just imagine double debossing though. The SHIELD logo debossed, with the window part debossed further like season 3.

Has there been any news when seasons 4 and 5 will be released on steelbook?

What about The Defenders S1 and Punisher S1? The last Netflix show released on BD was Iron Fist S1 and that was in June if I remember correctly. The Defenders and Punisher came out on Netflix in the fall of 2017 and usually it has taken about a year for the shows to be released on BD. I know all of the Netflix MCU shows have been or will be cancelled, but I hope the released seasons will get their BD/steelbook releases, as I have every season released so far and I quite enjoyed them overall despite some obvious flaws in any series not named Daredevil or Punisher.

Reactions: Crugsy
I was really hoping to hear something about the follow up seasons by now, especially with the new season in full effect.
I'm hoping they didn't kill any future plans to fill out the set.

Reactions: somebodys_kid