apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
apsmith21 submitted a new resource:

Alfred Hitchock's "The Birds" 4k Blu-ray Steelbook - Best Buy exclusive

Hey members!

I'm hosting a group buy for any of you people out there that are interested in Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" from Best Buy.

I AM UNABLE TO RETURN ITEMS IN BULK TO BEST BUY anymore. If you order from this GB you will be expected to honor the purchase!!

Pre-order cost is currently $22.99 EACH

Sales tax of 6% per copy
HDN fee of 7.5%

Original links -
[URL...

Read more about this resource...

hi everyone, just a quick update - a lot of damages to this edition - some came in from obvious shipping damage where others appear to have a similar defect on the bottom left of the case.

it's almost like it was crimped in the wrong place or something was done to it that it created a compression at the very bottom corner.

it seems plausible that a batch of these were damaged during either the manufacturing or disc process...

I'm looking into if other people are reporting this problem or not, and then determining if I can get replacements for these.

I only have a couple of good ones in hand so it's definitely a problem.

@dfoles have you seen anything on /r about this?

hi everyone, just a quick update - a lot of damages to this edition - some came in from obvious shipping damage where others appear to have a similar defect on the bottom left of the case.

it's almost like it was crimped in the wrong place or something was done to it that it created a compression at the very bottom corner.

it seems plausible that a batch of these were damaged during either the manufacturing or disc process...

I'm looking into if other people are reporting this problem or not, and then determining if I can get replacements for these.

I only have a couple of good ones in hand so it's definitely a problem.

@dfoles have you seen anything on /r about this?
For once I have to say I haven't seen anyone comment about damage on this release. Yet...

But I'll keep an eye out, might make a post to see if anyone else has it. Can you snap a pic of the defect?

For once I have to say I haven't seen anyone comment about damage on this release. Yet...

But I'll keep an eye out, might make a post to see if anyone else has it. Can you snap a pic of the defect?

It's not a complete indentation but a slight indent on the left bottom (front) corner - in a couple of examples I have missing paint (under the shrink and the shrink is fine). hard to capture on this white steelbook but hopefully something comes through.

birds1.jpg
birds2.jpg
birds3.jpg

Oh that's unfortunate. Does it have like a double edge in that last pic?
View attachment 506913

Yes, that's pretty much it. Some are worse than others. I have some pretty severe ones that are a little higher up, and others that it's there but not as noticeable on first glance. If I run my thumb over it, I can feel a depression on that corner of the steelbook.