Alice In Wonderland (2010) (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 22nd, 2016
Purchase link: Alice In Wonderland (live)
Price: £16.99

11216732-1434352386175079.jpg

11216732-4954352386021554.jpg

11216732-1144352385863007.jpg

Last edited:
I do wish someone would explain the lure of this film.

It is dire, empty-headed and way too conventional for its' own good.

Dodgson would turn in his grave.

Totally disagree. It is magical, wonderful story, incredible visuals and the acting is exceptional but each to their own.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jedi clare
Totally disagree. It is magical, wonderful story, incredible visuals and the acting is exceptional but each to their own.

Jack never said anything about the story.
And the film was incredibly rushed with a lot of rushed and pointless scenes with not so great acting from eveyone (infact I couldn't name one person who was spectacular - even fry and rickman wasn't used enough) and although the visuals are OK in some places it is kinda all over the place for the rest.
For me it only has a handful of decent scenes

Not to mention Burton and depp were completely burning out by this time and needed to get away from each other to do something decent (big eyes and black mass)

But if i turn my brain off, tell myself not to get annoyed at parts and feel in the mood I can watch it sometimes

I always wanted someone like burton to make this film when I was a huge fan of his but it just wasn't good enough

(And the new one looks worse)

I fear for dumbo

Jack never said anything about the story.
And the film was incredibly rushed with a lot of rushed and pointless scenes with not so great acting from eveyone (infact I couldn't name one person who was spectacular - even fry and rickman wasn't used enough) and although the visuals are OK in some places it is kinda all over the place for the rest.
For me it only has a handful of decent scenes

Not to mention Burton and depp were completely burning out by this time and needed to get away from each other to do something decent (big eyes and black mass)

But if i turn my brain off, tell myself not to get annoyed at parts and feel in the mood I can watch it sometimes

I always wanted someone like burton to make this film when I was a huge fan of his but it just wasn't good enough

(And the new one looks worse)

I fear for dumbo

Haha it is funny how people can have such different opinions on the same film.

In your opinion
, (and you can obviously think what you want) you think it was rushed, i totally disagree and in my opinion, I didn't find any scenes pointless, I thought a number of people were spectacular in it, the visuals are incredible, the colours are just breathtaking and I totally disagree about Burton and depp, I love so many of his films but the mad hatter is very high on my list of incredible Depp performances. I think Burton did a magnificent job with this, it was everything I imagined Alice in wonderland to be and the new film is even better it's a real fairytale, I absolutely loved it, it's wonderful, but that's just my opinion ;)

It shows 8.99 GPB on the site, which is less than 12 USD, but when I covert it to USD (even at checkout) it keeps showing $22.99! I know I can just keep it GPB, but that's still odd.

Yea start paying attention to Zavvi's conversions, it's usually not even close. I always check the price in GBP vs USD whenever I buy from them.

I just saw this - order stated £8.99 but I've been charged £10.98...

I know its only £2 but they can have it back at that price.
Only bit as the steelbook was under a tenner. Over, no thanks (partly out of principle)

Exactly ! It is only 2 pounds but it isn't the point, you can't help but think though that's it's really clever on there part as most people will order something else to make the order over £10 to get 3 shipping

I ended up ordering this and the signs steel which I didn't intend on buying :/

Exactly ! It is only 2 pounds but it isn't the point, you can't help but think though that's it's really clever on there part as most people will order something else to make the order over £10 to get 3 shipping

I ended up ordering this and the signs steel which I didn't intend on buying :/
...and the fact it eve states on the listing 'free delivery'

Hi

I am just wondering IF anyone has actually played these discs as there is quite a confusion about region playback as the J-card has B Locked, but the 3D disc has B locked while the Blu-ray has region-free coding; very very confusing as I know several times codes have been mismatched on many items so only way to verify is if someone has actually played discs for confirmation.

Thanks so much

//Steve

Hi

I am just wondering IF anyone has actually played these discs as there is quite a confusion about region playback as the J-card has B Locked, but the 3D disc has B locked while the Blu-ray has region-free coding; very very confusing as I know several times codes have been mismatched on many items so only way to verify is if someone has actually played discs for confirmation.

Thanks so much

//Steve
@ijusthuman

3D disc is also region free tested in a Region A player

A jcard listing region B don't mean it will be region locked always but yes sometimes a release will be

The only way any blu-ray disc is known if region free is when the disc is tested in a Blu-ray player that is of a different region

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
Hi

Thanks so much

//Steve
Both discs confirmed Region Free:-
1553274006374.png

1553274057216.png