Alice in Wonderland (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #11)[UK]

Apr 10, 2013
Ireland
Release date: May 18th, 2014
Purchase link: Alice in Wonderland (1951)
Price: £19.99
Notes: Limited edition of 4000
Notes: Full Gloss

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10876044-1386850255-730826.jpg

Embossing & inside/back detail:

alice.png

alice2.png

aliceinside.jpg

aliceback.png

Attachments

• alice.jpg
    alice.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 757
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd want Sleeping Beauty but only if it was an EXACT replica of the beautifully amazing steel that came out for it a few years ago. Unfortunately I can't see that happening.

If the exact steel you want already exists, just buy it? That design would not suit the others in this collection.

Reactions: FanOfGaming
I'm pretty sure we can rule out Beauty & The Beast, Bambi, Snow White, and Lion King, as they are all currently in the vault, and the majority of the other major Disney titles have already been announced (Fantasia, Peter Pan, Lady & The Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, Dumbo etc), so we can whittle the list down considerably!

We also know it won't be #6-#11 (not very likely!), and there's also a big chance that it won't be a title like The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Company, The Black Cauldron, or The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh - These are usually among the last to get released on any format (based on past releases). I also doubt very much that they'll delve into the post-1990's titles after Tarzan just yet, especially as the majority of the 2000's titles have yet to be released on Blu-Ray in the UK so far. My money says Zavvi will stick to the earlier titles which are already established as family favourites and good sellers

This leaves us a short list to work with:

#2 - Pinocchio
#12 - Cinderella
#13 - Alice In Wonderland
#16 - Sleeping Beauty
#18 - Sword In The Stone
#20 - The Aristocats
#21 - Robin Hood
#24 - The Fox And The Hound
#33 - Pocahontas
#34 - The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
#35 - Hercules
#36 - Mulan
#37 - Tarzan

My bet would be one of the first eight on the list above - Probably Robin Hood or Cinderella, although a Sleeping Beauty SteelBook has recently been announced for another country, so that could also be next

Personally, I would like to see all of the above released before Zavvi even consider releasing any of the newer titles, although I would also like to see some love for The Rescuers and some of the 80's Disney titles which most people forget about

Reactions: tono06
It should also be noted that so far, Zavvi has avoided any titles that have already gotten a steelbook release from Best Buy/Futureshop. That would also rule out Pinocchio, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty.

I'd put all my bets on Alice in Wonderland for this one.

I'm pretty sure we can rule out Beauty & The Beast, Bambi, Snow White, and Lion King, as they are all currently in the vault, and the majority of the other major Disney titles have already been announced (Fantasia, Peter Pan, Lady & The Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, Dumbo etc), so we can whittle the list down considerably!

We also know it won't be #6-#11 (not very likely!), and there's also a big chance that it won't be a title like The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, Basil The Great Mouse Detective, Oliver & Company, The Black Cauldron, or The Many Adventures Of Winnie The Pooh - These are usually among the last to get released on any format (based on past releases). I also doubt very much that they'll delve into the post-1990's titles after Tarzan just yet, especially as the majority of the 2000's titles have yet to be released on Blu-Ray in the UK so far. My money says Zavvi will stick to the earlier titles which are already established as family favourites and good sellers

This leaves us a short list to work with:

#2 - Pinocchio
#12 - Cinderella
#13 - Alice In Wonderland
#16 - Sleeping Beauty
#18 - Sword In The Stone
#20 - The Aristocats
#21 - Robin Hood
#24 - The Fox And The Hound
#33 - Pocahontas
#34 - The Hunchback Of Notre Dame
#35 - Hercules
#36 - Mulan
#37 - Tarzan

My bet would be one of the first eight on the list above - Probably Robin Hood or Cinderella, although a Sleeping Beauty SteelBook has recently been announced for another country, so that could also be next

Personally, I would like to see all of the above released before Zavvi even consider releasing any of the newer titles, although I would also like to see some love for The Rescuers and some of the 80's Disney titles which most people forget about

well i think the list is lot longer than you may think read this

basil

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing's can get taken out of the vault. It's lion king's 20th anniversary next year and I'm pretty sure there will be some kind of release if not a steelbook. That's why I haven't ruled it out. Being a very popular film, Zavvi would be stupid to try not to make it happen.

The price is 20.99 which is the same as the 3d versions of pixar movies. Lion King is the only one I can think of that has a current 3d version. I'll probably pass on that, the best buy one is awesome.

The recent Winnie the Pooh film is an interesting case. We never got a Blu Ray version because Disney UK said there was not enough demand for one, or something along those lines.

So, probably never see that unless they change their minds....

I think they should start a new collection for the live action / half animated Disney films once they've completed the Pixar collection. Films like Pete's Dragon, Mary Poppins, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, Enchanted etc... Keep the main Disney collection for the Classics

Also, as I stated above, I narrowed the list down based on what I think are the most likely candidates. Of course, there's an chance it could be any of the Classics, but it's more likely going to be one of the ones I shortlisted - I'd be very surprised if it's not! Plus, it's unlikely to be any film that Disney have yet to release as an Amaray release first - Saying that, both The Rocketeer and Dick Tracy haven't been released as Amaray releases yet in the UK, and the Amaray version of Roger Rabbit was released at the same time as the SteelBook

Reactions: gaeljet