FFO, Germany
Release date: October 20th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €28.99

81eIPa1Q-1L._SX385_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If only the whriting/text was in English :(

1. The artwork is not final.
2. This is Disney. So it will most likely be WWA without title.
3. The text you are seeing is on a J-card, which is removable.
4. It is a german release. What are you expecting? ;)

1. The artwork is not final.
2. This is Disney. So it will most likely be WWA without title.
3. The text you are seeing is on a J-card, which is removable.
4. It is a german release. What are you expecting? ;)
The previous Alice Im Wunderland german release was not WWA and it had german text all over it.

That scan doesn't do it justice however. The steelbook has a very nice matte finish. On the entire steelbook is a spot glossing of white tea cups, clocks, hearts, etc from the movie that make it well worth the German text splattering the back.
vrh1.png

Last edited:
And when did "the old days" stopped?

Since 9/2012. Although I must say that those Classics do have title.

virkia made a list of steelbook releases since 2012 without titles. I highlighted those from Disney for you.

1) AVENGERS ASSEMBLE - 9/2012 - Selection of decent quality spine pics ++DISNEY (HMV)
2) MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS - 4/2013 - Vibrant red splatter artwork continuing across black spine ++ UNIVERSAL
3) AFTER EARTH - 10/2013 - Saved by weird j-card with title on a strip covering spine but spine design very poor with the two faces in random positions + SONY
4) MONSTERS UNIVERSITY - 11/2013 - A trio of tiny pics randomly spaced on spine + DISNEY (Zavvi)
5) THE LONE RANGER - 12/2013 - Single tiny pic on black spine + DISNEY (Zavvi)

6) WHITE HOUSE DOWN - 1/2014 - Saved by "C" shaped slip with title and good spine art continuing from front ++ SONY
7) THOR: THE DARK WORLD - 2/2014 - Artwork continuing from front with selection of good quality pics ++ DISNEY (Zavvi)
8) FROZEN - 3/2014 - Snowflake artwork with trio of pics saved by classic 52 number on slipcover spine and "ice" spine artwork ++ DISNEY (Zavvi)
9) CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER - 8/2014 - Good vibrant selection of pics ++ DISNEY (Zavvi)
10) GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - 11/2014 - Walkman controls +++ DISNEY (Zavvi)

11) MOCKINGJAY: PART ONE - 3/2015 - Almost totally blank spine partly saved by title on slipcover spine + LIONSGATE
12) SHAUN THE SHEEP - 6/2015 - STUDIO CANAL (Zavvi)
13) TERMINATOR 2 - 7/2015 - Totally blank spine (no Blu-ray or studio logo and the last word in minimal - LOL - and yes I did buy it in the end) + SONY (Zavvi)
14) CINDERELLA 2015 - 8/2015 - DISNEY (Zavvi)
15) AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON - 9/2015 Selection of quite dull pics ++ DISNEY (Zavvi)

16) DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS - 11/2015 - Artwork continuing across spine ++ ODEON
17) WOLFCOP - 9/2015 - Interesting spine cut in half vertically by front and back artwork ++ STUDIO CANAL (Zavvi)
18) ANT-MAN - 11/2015 - Three rows of dots top to bottom and luckily evenly spaced on my copy ++ DISNEY (Zavvi)
19) INSIDE OUT - 11/2015 - Characters' faces in roundels in the style of those MISERY typewriter keys +++ DISNEY (Zavvi)

20) THE MARTIAN - 2/2016 - No title coupled with no faces and a small portion of artwork continuing from the back + FOX (HMV)
21) THE GOOD DINOSAUR - 3/2016 - DISNEY (Zavvi)
22) ZOOTROPOLIS - 7/2016 - DISNEY (Zavvi)

Last edited:
I hope this at least features Alice somehere, even on the back will do me

The zavvi one is really nice but no Alice is slightly annoying considering the back is a bit lame with just a swirl of hats

they can't be serious. same up close image of his face. same bow tie. almost the same dam hat too. (ridiculous considering he is the mad hatter).

sorry but there's a point when the ol' "make 'em match" philosophy is taken too far. this has reached that point.

As a promo image it's great, as a steelbook - pass. It'd make a good back cover but as a front with no title? Who's coming up with this %#*^

And why when the film is about ALICE is the mad hatter the focus of every single artwork out there. Sure it's depp, but he's not the main character. Heck i'd rather have Bonham Carters queen of hearts on it this time, at least it'd be different.