Alien 1-6 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ashish

Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Release date: September 18th, 2017
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99
Notes: Standard size steelbook (not a Jumbo Steelbook)

alienzavvi1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, thank you, but I was only referring to Films in these regular sized U.K. steelbook cases.
Yes, it's true that TV Series' and Documentaries such as PLANET EARTH do stack 5 and up to 6 discs on the two spindles.
Mission impossible collection ?

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Mission impossible collection ?

Good call and thank you . . . not 6 discs though but certainly more than 4 :thumbs:
Haven't opened my copy but yes 5 discs with room for one more on one of the two spindles.

Wondering it there are any other U.K. standard size BD steelbooks with 5 or 6 Films discs apart from that one?
4 discs - GODFATHER TRILOGY / BttF TRILOGY
5 discs - M.I. 1 - 5 COLLECTION
6 discs - ALIEN 1 - 6 COLLECTION
Not sure about the benefits of stacked discs vs. something like this:-
upload_2017-6-1_15-33-44.png

. . . but it's a definite space-saver and more attractive than those jumbo steels used previously for the 5-disc THE HOBBIT (extended) as just one example.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and neo
Good call and thank you . . . not 6 discs though but certainly more than 4 :thumbs:
Haven't opened my copy but yes 5 discs with room for one more on one of the two spindles.

Wondering it there are any other U.K. standard size BD steelbooks with 5 or 6 Films discs apart from that one?
4 discs - GODFATHER TRILOGY / BttF TRILOGY
5 discs - M.I. 1 - 5 COLLECTION
6 discs - ALIEN 1 - 6 COLLECTION
Not sure about the benefits of stacked discs vs. something like this:-
View attachment 315401
. . . but it's a definite space-saver and more attractive than those jumbo steels used previously for the 5-disc THE HOBBIT (extended) as just one example.

I suppose the issue is that not many franchises run to 6 installments, and those that do tend to be more modern and get a steelbook with each release as and when they come out. It limits the amount of opportunities for something like this Alien set to exist. I actually find it odd that anyone would bother releasing something like this when each previous release has an individual steelbook. You'd think that most people who wanted the Alien movies in steelbooks would own the existing ones. Still, Fox and Zavvi must be confident it'll sell.

I've got the original versions, and will just get Alien: Covenant from HMV.

I suppose the issue is that not many franchises run to 6 installments, and those that do tend to be more modern and get a steelbook with each release as and when they come out. It limits the amount of opportunities for something like this Alien set to exist. I actually find it odd that anyone would bother releasing something like this when each previous release has an individual steelbook. You'd think that most people who wanted the Alien movies in steelbooks would own the existing ones. Still, Fox and Zavvi must be confident it'll sell.

I've got the original versions, and will just get Alien: Covenant from HMV.

Yes, I see where you're coming from but I'm thinking about these single steelbook collections more in terms of practicality (space saving) and cost saving (in this case 6 individuals @GBP 90 approx. vs. 50 quid for this all-in-one) as well as having one design instead of five or six different designs that are unlikely to match or match well.

Now with these new elongated spindles I'm wondering if it's time for more 5 or 6 film collections in these standard size steelbooks . . . such as the (long awaited by me) 1-5 FINAL DESTINATION films . . .

Anyway, as the U.K. edition appears to be "Sold out" at the time of writing there's always the same edition from Amazon.It::-
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0719VYRD8/?tag=hidefnin0f-21

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Yes, I see where you're coming from but I'm thinking about these single steelbook collections more in terms of practicality (space saving) and cost saving (in this case 6 individuals @GBP 90 approx. vs. 50 quid for this all-in-one) as well as having one design instead of five or six different designs that are unlikely to match or match well.

Now with these new elongated spindles I'm wondering if it's time for more 5 or 6 film collections in these standard size steelbooks . . . such as the (long awaited by me) 1-5 FINAL DESTINATION films . . .

Anyway, as the U.K. edition appears to be "Sold out" at the time of writing there's always the same edition from Amazon.It::-
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0719VYRD8/?tag=hidefnin0f-21

I agree about the shelf saving aspect, that's for sure.

I'm all for 'complete collection' steelbooks, but there's always that worry that a belated sequel will come along and spoil things. With something like The Godfather and Back to the Future you're pretty safe. Just imagine if a couple of years ago there'd been a complete Saw collection (like there was on DVD and regular Blu-ray), or those who bought the Underworld Quadrilogy. Personally I find that annoying so stick with individual releases unless I'm 100% confident there won't be another one.

There were plans for another Alien prequel (which may have changed based on the performance of Covenant admittedly), so I wouldn't go for this one even if I didn't have the original releases.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Yes, first COVENANT (which for a time looked like it might have a framing border leading to an embossed Neomorph / embossed title at the very least but is now confirmed flat) and now this one which could still look just fine in a zero finish with metallic reflections / spot gloss on the alien stack.

• Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
Zavvi tried to charge my card today for this. I guess the release date is next week?
Luckily I didn't have sufficient funds :p

Zavvi tried to charge my card today for this. I guess the release date is next week?
Luckily I didn't have sufficient funds :p
If you don't it want best to cancel order as Zavvi might do 2 more attempts at getting payment and this will be mentioned in the payment problem email you got

Release date is September 18th so it's normal with Zavvi to start charging debit cards on the Tuesday/Wednesday

I cancelled my order last week as I expected they would be charging debit cards Tue/Wed/Thur this week

If you don't it want best to cancel order as Zavvi might do 2 more attempts at getting payment and this will be mentioned in the payment problem email you got

Release date is September 18th so it's normal with Zavvi to start charging debit cards on the Tuesday/Wednesday

I cancelled my order last week as I expected they would be charging debit cards Tue/Wed/Thur this week

Already cancelled :) I was checking their site but couldn't find fhe date. Otherwise I would"ve cancelled it sooner.

Hello all!

After processing and cancellations, we've put our #ZavviExclusive Alien 1-6 Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-ray back online.

• Thanks
Reactions: raspor
Art is subjective of course, but that's horrendous... mad photoshop malarky - just wish someone would give Alien, Aliens and Alien 3 the love and care they deserve (assembly cut... of course) rather than these constant rehashes every time an ill advised sequel comes along.

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012