AlienKing's HT/Man Cave

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Hello humans, welcome to my man cave. It is in progress. It's not much compared to what I have seen here. But with the little amount of time (and money) I have to put into this, I think it's pretty good.

So first off, my home theatre setup:
211l3ea.jpg

Sony KDL70R550A TV and Sony BDVE4100 5.1 surround sound system
I know it looks a bit messy with the wires and stuff. Plus, its an old pic, I shall update the pic once I do some clean up.

Don't know where this will go, but its gotta go somewhere :p
e9er2e.jpg

I used to collect slip covers. Only recently I got into collecting steels and other stuff. And I wanted to display some of the good looking steels. I didn't want to spend too much so I thought about making my own shelves with display stands.

Got my shelf by cutting my old computer table. Not final, but I wanted to see how it will look.
j5dv7o.jpg

I was looking at some hardware stores (Home Depot, etc) for something to hold the steels up. I have some of these but they are $2 a piece o_O These are really nice, but there's no way I'm buying 50 of these.
ftoqi1.jpg

Surprisingly found these at a convenience store and they are $1 each and you get 4 in each set. Plus some pins to hold the steels from slipping down.
9lisfq.jpg

They hold pretty well:
2emzibm.jpg

20zr47r.jpg

2q2enhj.jpg

2v2y1ae.jpg
I will update once the whole shelf is done :)

Next, got a glass display cabinet from Ikea:
2a4v8fb.jpg

2n0t0ew.jpg

A temporary display setup:
Obviously Matrix at the top :p (looks crowded, might take out some)
a3idxv.jpg

Kimchi next, sadly only have 2 so far:
b3lpvn.jpg

Lenti slips on the next shelf:
2uh1g6u.jpg

And haven't decided what to put on the bottom yet
szgcjn.jpg

All my man cave walls are empty as of now. I want to put posters but don't have any exclusives at the moment, I will once I get my hands on some.

I will keep updating this thread so go ahead, subscribe/watch the thread if you want to know how it all ends :D Thanks for visiting.

Last edited:
lol your display shelf looks a little cluttered already :p :D

I really need to hire myself a digger to build myself a basement :p
Gee, thanks for the encouragement :squint: :(
Its not my fault. I didn't expect to own this many steelbooks when I had the idea to build a shelf. It just kinda got out of control :whistle::LOL:
I'm working on another shelf and that one I'm gonna display may be 2 or 3 in the front and the rest I'm just gonna stack against the wall so only the spine shows. That way I can put a lot more steels on the shelf. :D

And when I get my OWN house, I'm making sure the basement is unfinished. So I can build a separate area just to display my collection :woot::happy: :oohyeah::rofl:

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
Like your creative displays with your innovative touch! :D I've always enjoyed putting my spin on my displays and collections as well.
Thanks :thumbs: I'm currently checking your Matrix collection. I need to set mine up as well. As you can tell from the pictures, I'm quite the fan myself :p

Thanks man! :notworthy: Dunno if you're a fan of Matrix but I would love to create a room filled with holographic "dripping code" hahah :LOL:

You know, if Star Wars has my soul, then The Matrix movies would have my heart. When I first started on the idea of memoribilia in my HT, it was either Star Wars or The Matrix. The idea, like you said, of having the code dripping down a wall and onto a black rug or carpet was something I'd totally do! The get the chairs that Neo and Morpheus sat in in Matrix 1. Yeah, would love to have a room like that!

If that was my display shelf it would have strictly Steelbooks on it :)

Love what you've done with the place!
Thank you :notworthy:
I actually have another shelf just like that but without the plastic things to display the steelbooks. It's for all my FutureShop steels. I haven't put up a pic of it yet. It's pretty recent, so I will later :)

Reactions: UpsetSmiley