AlienKing's HT/Man Cave

AlienKing

The Matrix has you...
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2014
Ontario, Kanada
Hello humans, welcome to my man cave. It is in progress. It's not much compared to what I have seen here. But with the little amount of time (and money) I have to put into this, I think it's pretty good.

So first off, my home theatre setup:
211l3ea.jpg

Sony KDL70R550A TV and Sony BDVE4100 5.1 surround sound system
I know it looks a bit messy with the wires and stuff. Plus, its an old pic, I shall update the pic once I do some clean up.

Don't know where this will go, but its gotta go somewhere :p
e9er2e.jpg

I used to collect slip covers. Only recently I got into collecting steels and other stuff. And I wanted to display some of the good looking steels. I didn't want to spend too much so I thought about making my own shelves with display stands.

Got my shelf by cutting my old computer table. Not final, but I wanted to see how it will look.
j5dv7o.jpg

I was looking at some hardware stores (Home Depot, etc) for something to hold the steels up. I have some of these but they are $2 a piece o_O These are really nice, but there's no way I'm buying 50 of these.
ftoqi1.jpg

Surprisingly found these at a convenience store and they are $1 each and you get 4 in each set. Plus some pins to hold the steels from slipping down.
9lisfq.jpg

They hold pretty well:
2emzibm.jpg

20zr47r.jpg

2q2enhj.jpg

2v2y1ae.jpg
I will update once the whole shelf is done :)

Next, got a glass display cabinet from Ikea:
2a4v8fb.jpg

2n0t0ew.jpg

A temporary display setup:
Obviously Matrix at the top :p (looks crowded, might take out some)
a3idxv.jpg

Kimchi next, sadly only have 2 so far:
b3lpvn.jpg

Lenti slips on the next shelf:
2uh1g6u.jpg

And haven't decided what to put on the bottom yet
szgcjn.jpg

All my man cave walls are empty as of now. I want to put posters but don't have any exclusives at the moment, I will once I get my hands on some.

I will keep updating this thread so go ahead, subscribe/watch the thread if you want to know how it all ends :D Thanks for visiting.

Last edited:
From what I understand, it projects only onto water surfaces. Also I need to consider the size. Since its a projection how big can I make it? I would want to cover the whole wall :p (...at least most of it)

From what I understand, it projects only onto water surfaces. Also I need to consider the size. Since its a projection how big can I make it? I would want to cover the whole wall :p (...at least most of it)
There is another version of this technology that uses directed steam instead of water. So it just sort of pumps steam mist up or down and projects onto it.
The big versions of this they use on rides at Disney. Before you enter Pirates of the Caribbean you see Capt. Barbossa in front of you projected on a blanket of steam.

There is another version of this technology that uses directed steam instead of water. So it just sort of pumps steam mist up or down and projects onto it.
The big versions of this they use on rides at Disney. Before you enter Pirates of the Caribbean you see Capt. Barbossa in front of you projected on a blanket of steam.
Hmm That's kool. Wonder how much these go for. Cant find'em on eBay...

:woot: Those are awesome! I would love to create fog screen one on a bigger scale (ie - wall size) but imagine the time and money I need to put in. :censored::greedy:
That second video shows that it is totally do-able at home! You use bundled straws to concentrate and direct the fog and get a freakin' home dehumifier and a hose....!:woot::D

Reactions: AlienKing
That second video shows that it is totally do-able at home! You use bundled straws to concentrate and direct the fog and get a freakin' home dehumifier and a hose....!:woot::D
Haha! Yea, I think so too. But it also looks...messy? May be it's just the guy? I want a cleaner set up, but I know that means it will cost more. We'll see. I'll keep this in mind when I eventually create something :naughty:

Reactions: C.C. 95
Really nice setup!! I love that glass display cabinet!!! I wanted a few of those, but no place for them :(. Was planning on putting all my head sets/busts in them but it didnt work out, when we moved to a bigger house that was the plan, but I still didnt have enough room after buying bigger display shelving for my collection! :LOL: Nice matrix collection too! And of course I love the Daryl poster!! :thumbs:

Really nice setup!! I love that glass display cabinet!!! I wanted a few of those, but no place for them :(. Was planning on putting all my head sets/busts in them but it didnt work out, when we moved to a bigger house that was the plan, but I still didnt have enough room after buying bigger display shelving for my collection! :LOL: Nice matrix collection too! And of course I love the Daryl poster!! :thumbs:

Thanks. That glass cabinet is kinda full now :LOL:. I need to get another one soon. I have just enough room to put one right next to it. And you are only seeing half of what I have on Matrix :shy::emb:. Sometime in the future I will have to order a custom glass cabinet for Matrix. it may cost upto $1000 though :greedy:
I love Rick's character but Daryl is the most badass one :thumbs:

P.S. - Do you play video games?

Reactions: elle82
Thanks. That glass cabinet is kinda full now :LOL:. I need to get another one soon. I have just enough room to put one right next to it. And you are only seeing half of what I have on Matrix :shy::emb:. Sometime in the future I will have to order a custom glass cabinet for Matrix. it may cost upto $1000 though :greedy:
I love Rick's character but Daryl is the most badass one :thumbs:

P.S. - Do you play video games?

Wow u have some collection! I love video games but dont get much of a chance to play them unfortunately! We have a few game systems here at home. I had my own x box till my 10 year decided it was hers lol.
Daryl is the most kick a*s character for sure! Rick definitely is awesome too though he's done some great things in the past!

Wow u have some collection! I love video games but dont get much of a chance to play them unfortunately! We have a few game systems here at home. I had my own x box till my 10 year decided it was hers lol.
Daryl is the most kick a*s character for sure! Rick definitely is awesome too though he's done some great things in the past!
Have you heard about or played P.T.? You cant download it anymore though, it got removed.

No I haven't was it any good?
Was it any good? Oh man! Probably one of the most scariest thing I've played in a loooong time...
Since you can't play it anymore, I'll spoil it for you. Only thing you can do now is look up videos or play it at a friend's house who downloaded it before.
This gonna be a long read btw :)
So PT was a PS4 exclusive demo released a while back. At that time of playing, I had no idea what P.T. even stood for (then later I found out its Playable Teaser) Anyways, when you start up the demo you are in a corridor with no instructions/no weapons. Nothing. The only controls are, you can move the character and also zoom into stuff. So when you reach the end of the corridor and open the door, you just end up where you first started. So a looping corridor; and you just keep going through the same corridor over and over and over again. After like 5-6 times you start hearing noises and you have to do things. And if you don't do the right things and go to the end of the corridor, you'll just come back to the same exact corridor. But if you do it right, then you'll still come back to the same corridor but some things will be different. For example, more blood splatter, or less lights, or different noises, etc. So it gets REALLY scary as you play. It was such a scary experience. Being "stuck" in this corridor, unable to get out and all. The whole soundtrack was creepy as hell. Add to that, I played it in complete darkness :p It was amazing.

Apparently the developers intended us to take about 2 weeks to complete the demo and get out of this "house". But I couldn't wait and looked up online how to solve the puzzles and i finally open the front door. As you step out of the house, the camera zooms out of your 'main character'; the character you were playing as and reveals his face...and guess who it was? Yep, Norman Reedus! I flipped out and went crazy! :rofl:
After, as he starts walking on the street, he looks back and the title 'Silent Hills' comes up on screen :wow: It was epic.

Then i looked into 'Silent Hills'. It was supposed to be a joint project between Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro. :OMG::OMG::OMG:
But it got removed from PSN because 'Silent Hills' game got canceled (n) It would've been a lovely game if it did come out.

Was it any good? Oh man! Probably one of the most scariest thing I've played in a loooong time...
Since you can't play it anymore, I'll spoil it for you. Only thing you can do now is look up videos or play it at a friend's house who downloaded it before.
This gonna be a long read btw :)
So PT was a PS4 exclusive demo released a while back. At that time of playing, I had no idea what P.T. even stood for (then later I found out its Playable Teaser) Anyways, when you start up the demo you are in a corridor with no instructions/no weapons. Nothing. The only controls are, you can move the character and also zoom into stuff. So when you reach the end of the corridor and open the door, you just end up where you first started. So a looping corridor; and you just keep going through the same corridor over and over and over again. After like 5-6 times you start hearing noises and you have to do things. And if you don't do the right things and go to the end of the corridor, you'll just come back to the same exact corridor. But if you do it right, then you'll still come back to the same corridor but some things will be different. For example, more blood splatter, or less lights, or different noises, etc. So it gets REALLY scary as you play. It was such a scary experience. Being "stuck" in this corridor, unable to get out and all. The whole soundtrack was creepy as hell. Add to that, I played it in complete darkness :p It was amazing.

Apparently the developers intended us to take about 2 weeks to complete the demo and get out of this "house". But I couldn't wait and looked up online how to solve the puzzles and i finally open the front door. As you step out of the house, the camera zooms out of your 'main character'; the character you were playing as and reveals his face...and guess who it was? Yep, Norman Reedus! I flipped out and went crazy! :rofl:
After, as he starts walking on the street, he looks back and the title 'Silent Hills' comes up on screen :wow: It was epic.

Then i looked into 'Silent Hills'. It was supposed to be a joint project between Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro. :OMG::OMG::OMG:
But it got removed from PSN because 'Silent Hills' game got canceled (n) It would've been a lovely game if it did come out.
Thats does sound pretty cool!!!! and anything with Norman Reedus is definetely a good thing!!! :thumbs::woot: Im a horror buff, so movies, games, anything horror is awesome!:thumbs:

Thats does sound pretty cool!!!! and anything with Norman Reedus is definetely a good thing!!! :thumbs::woot: Im a horror buff, so movies, games, anything horror is awesome!:thumbs:
Then if you get a chance, definitely play it.
I'm currently playing Outlast. Its a first-person, survival horror :D Also on XB1. It's given me some good scares so far :thumbs: