Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 22, 2024
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

Aliens 4K.jpg

Aliens 4K Jcard Back.jpg

Last edited:
Fcking right. Its like yeah the grain is mostly gone. But the detail isn't. And Cameron has apparently decided "fck grain" is his lifes mission. Fine I'd prefer he didn't. But the bottom line is they are his babies. I never felt a loss of detail due to the grain scrubbing, no waxiness. Just endless detail on everything you can see.
The grain is part of the film structure. And a lot of the detail would have been removed as well.... I can bet you if you had a second version in which the grain hasn't been removed, there would be more detail. Because it's 4k means it's going to be more detailed than any other format but does that mean you are actually getting more detail or does it seem like more detail simply because it's 4k. A fair point.... As someone who does restoration on still photography, you remove grain you remove detail. The same rule still applies to the moving image....

Reactions: MrSquifler
The grain is part of the film structure. And a lot of the detail would have been removed as well.... I can bet you if you had a second version in which the grain hasn't been removed, there would be more detail. Because it's 4k means it's going to be more detailed than any other format but does that mean you are actually getting more detail or does it seem like more detail simply because it's 4k. A fair point.... As someone who does restoration on still photography, you remove grain you remove detail. The same rule still applies to the moving image....
Dude I have given up caring. If you don't like stick to your laser disk.

Mine arrived yesterday, intended to watch a couple of scenes just to see how the 4k looked..... Ended up watching over an hour and I'm really impressed.

Having repeatedly purchased this movie since the days of VHS, in my eyes this is an improvement.

Also, I still have a couple of copies on blu-ray (and one on dvd) should I ever wish to watch those.... Unsure why I ever would though.

Mine arrived yesterday, intended to watch a couple of scenes just to see how the 4k looked..... Ended up watching over an hour and I'm really impressed.

Having repeatedly purchased this movie since the days of VHS, in my eyes this is an improvement.

Also, I still have a couple of copies on blu-ray (and one on dvd) should I ever wish to watch those.... Unsure why I ever would though.
Couldn't agree more. I think it looks great.

Reactions: Punker76