Release date: July 22, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

12039779-5364680498964815.jpg

12039779-2014680499031421.jpg
12039779-9784680498790953.jpg
12039779-1264647860535837.jpg

Last edited:
is there some significance to her hand or... maybe we could have a matrix trilogy, with each installment featuring a hand of one of the lead characters. hands are important. and a blank back, as fan service.

is there some significance to her hand or... maybe we could have a matrix trilogy, with each installment featuring a hand of one of the lead characters. hands are important. and a blank back, as fan service.
I gather you not seen the film

giphy.gif

Cancelled my pre order that artwork is rubbish for the price they are charging.
Will easily go back in stock for the people who actually want it

Wow, didn’t realise the hate was so high here.

The hands (tbf her reborn body) are beautiful in the movie, with a lovely pattern/finish so better than use lazy poster art, the utilised something that was already lovely, from the movie, and tried something different.

Still gets me that so many on here prefer poster art on steels rather than ANYTHING differant(my preference is always minimal art: rarely does poster art look good IMO).

If you want poster art, then get the ameray.
To me, steels are for something extra, different or special, not just generic/repeated artwork printed on metal....i’d rather have so so art that’s unique (90% of the time) than marketing or poster images

each to their own

Wow, didn’t realise the hate was so high here.

The hands (tbf her reborn body) are beautiful in the movie, with a lovely pattern/finish so better than use lazy poster art, the utilised something that was already lovely, from the movie, and tried something different.

Still gets me that so many on here prefer poster art on steels rather than ANYTHING differant(my preference is always minimal art: rarely does poster art look good IMO).

If you want poster art, then get the ameray.
To me, steels are for something extra, different or special, not just generic/repeated artwork printed on metal....i’d rather have so so art that’s unique (90% of the time) than marketing or poster images

each to their own

They should be something extra I agree

But not a f*cking boring hand ahahhahahahahaha
Put that on the ammray! What are they? Who buys them? :LOL:

I don’t care what significance or meaning this art has to the film. It’s sh*t and boring. I want something extra (as you say)

I like what ever art is better, whether that’s teaser art, poster art, fan made, illustrated, iconic, new etc etc etc but whatever one is better. Even if that’s the poster art which in a few cases is true.

The real p!ss take is the back. I would even accept the crappy hand art if it also had something (decent) on the back

If you want poster art, then get the amaray. Each to their own
Yes, I agree with you about the hand and I have nothing but admiration at the skills utilised to make this most interesting and beautifully complex hand a reality and for that reason alone seems entirely fitting it's on the steelbook front . . . is it plastic or porcelain? Is it resin or alabaster? Is it ivory - of course not - with digits part lace covered?Whatever it's made of it certainly isn't just a boring old hand.

Maybe the reason is because people are creeped out by her doll-body hand and would have preferred her berserker hand?
1560361466699.png
1560361728284.png

However I can't agree with you about poster art only being suitable for Amarays - poster art looks the biz on steelbooks with examples over the past eleven years too numerous to mention with the upcoming ANT-MAN AND THE WASP. the most perfect recent example.
I do agree with you about the busy ALITA poster and am thankful that it has not been used for this steelbook.

Like THE SHINING poster (reportedly several hundred attempts by Saul Bass before Mr. Kubrick was finally satisfied) Alita's hands went through other designs - including these - before settling on what we have in the film:-
1560360346529.png

1560360216068.png

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart