Release date: July 13, 2021
Purchase links: Best Buy - Target
Price: $25.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

JLtAgVj.jpg

8aAgiK3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lolwut
Still got the dvd of the uncut version, think it mighta been an HMV exclusive in the U.K.? American edition was a digipack and included the soundtrack too.View attachment 505411
Mine is A bit Different. Probably us vs eu. I distinctly recall not buying the original DVD because I knew the better one was coming in a few months.

Attachments

• IMG_7380.JPG
    IMG_7380.JPG
    418.8 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_7381.JPG
    IMG_7381.JPG
    856.6 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_7382.JPG
    IMG_7382.JPG
    814.1 KB · Views: 87
@IRON MAN

I think somebody should change the title of this thread. It appears both discs in this SteelBook are 4K discs and no Blu-ray discs according to the information on the back of the J-card.

First disc is the Theatrical Cut plus Special Features. The second disc is the Bootleg Cut plus commentary.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
  • BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM SUPERVISED BY WRITER/DIRECTOR CAMERON CROWE
  • THEATRICAL AND EXTENDED CUTS OF THE FILM
  • NEW Filmmaker Focus: Cameron Crowe on Almost Famous - Featurette
  • NEW Casting & Costume - Fetuarette
  • NEW Rock School - Featurette
  • NEW Extended Scenes
  • NEW Odds & Sods
  • Audio Commentary with Cameron Crowe and Friends (Bootleg cut)
  • Intro by Cameron Crowe
  • The Making of Almost Famous
  • Interview with Lester Bangs (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • Cameron Crowe's Top Albums of 1973
  • "Fever Dog" music video
  • "Loves Comes and Goes" (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • Rolling Stone Articles (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • B-Sides (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • Cleveland Concert (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • "Small Time Blues"
  • Stairway (optional audio intro by Cameron Crowe)
  • Script
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Hidden Talent (Unhidden Easter Eggs)
  • Optional English, English SDH, and French subtitles for the main feature
  • Collectible packaging featuring a foldout image of each film's theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments

A few people have asked so I went ahead and sourced these from Target instead, as I'll get them shipped in a box.

A few people have asked so I went ahead and sourced these from Target instead, as I'll get them shipped in a box.

The way Best Buy ships disks is ridiculous. They had GoT on sale, so I bought 2 (hoping one would be ok). It was in a box, but there was virtually no cushioning and it they slid all over the box. It’s almost like they want people to return them. What scares me is it looks like they’re going to quit carrying them in stores (along with virtually all physical media). All the studios should move their steelbooks to a company that ships in a box with some cushioning. FFS I do a better job shipping things than these guys.

The way Best Buy ships disks is ridiculous. They had GoT on sale, so I bought 2 (hoping one would be ok). It was in a box, but there was virtually no cushioning and it they slid all over the box. It’s almost like they want people to return them. What scares me is it looks like they’re going to quit carrying them in stores (along with virtually all physical media). All the studios should move their steelbooks to a company that ships in a box with some cushioning. FFS I do a better job shipping things than these guys.

Which retailer ships SteelBooks in a box with cushioning?

I think only the premium ones, like BluFans, Manta Lab, etc.
Sometimes a while back, when Zoom.co.uk was Zoom (before its sale), also shipped to me several items at once in larger boxes with padding (sometimes not enough padding, but never had SteelBooks damages from Zoom, although not so many purchased).

most of the Disney releases have been shipped in a box with padding. But lately it seems like all the allocations go to stores and they fulfill the online orders from there.

just had to return 15 steelbooks because they were horribly damaged.

I think only the premium ones, like BluFans, Manta Lab, etc.
Sometimes a while back, when Zoom.co.uk was Zoom (before its sale), also shipped to me several items at once in larger boxes with padding (sometimes not enough padding, but never had SteelBooks damages from Zoom, although not so many purchased).

Exactly. Nobody consistently ships SteelBooks in boxes with "cushioning" so there isn't a retailer that the studios can go to.

They don't have a choice but to deal with companies that sell thousands of other products and will never have a standard box with cushioning policy for shipping SteelBooks.

If you order several movies and they ship together then you might get them in a box from Best Buy, Target, or Amazon, but even so you're lucky if you get any cushioning. I also think it's really luck of the draw. If you get the right person packaging the order - maybe someone who is also a collector - then they might give you a box (ie, whoever at Best Buy packed my Dirty Dancing steelbook put it in a really oversized size box surrounded by air pillows), but most of the time it's a bubble envelope or unpadded cardboard mailer.