Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 6, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99

81fmQuTxsAL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81AECrqklOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 814ygCYrJeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yikes, that's awful. Previous blu-ray steel with original poster is much nicer.
If only someone in the steelbook universe would say to themselves, "Selves, instead of pop art or cut and paste art, let's always do the movie poster art", I would be happy. Sure, they could throw in some mini lobby cards, but I'd be happy with the poster art.

Perhaps they went this way because the original poster art had been done. But if they were doing to shelve that idea, which they did, I would have much preferred Curt and the Pharoahs on the front, Steve and Laurie on the back, and a collage of John Milner, Carol, Toad and Debbie on the inside art. But that's just me.

Reactions: Noodles
If only someone in the steelbook universe would say to themselves, "Selves, instead of pop art or cut and paste art, let's always do the movie poster art", I would be happy. Sure, they could throw in some mini lobby cards, but I'd be happy with the poster art.

Perhaps they went this way because the original poster art had been done. But if they were doing to shelve that idea, which they did, I would have much preferred Curt and the Pharoahs on the front, Steve and Laurie on the back, and a collage of John Milner, Carol, Toad and Debbie on the inside art. But that's just me.
Re-using art has never stopped them before though, and I honestly don't think they even give it that much thought anyway. Back is actually quite nice and clean, but the front is an absolute mess IMO.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Devastating review from film restoration expert Robert Harris.

"Grain is gone. Zip. Out of the picture.

And along with that, the image has been not only softened, but corrupted. Looking at medium shots of Richard Dreyfuss early in the film, and Ron Howard a bit later, it appears that alien creatures are attempting to escape from the sides of their faces. Whatever software has been used, has corrupted the original look of the film."

"And the fact that the film no longer looks anything like film, I find troubling."

Devastating review from film restoration expert Robert Harris.

"Grain is gone. Zip. Out of the picture.

And along with that, the image has been not only softened, but corrupted. Looking at medium shots of Richard Dreyfuss early in the film, and Ron Howard a bit later, it appears that alien creatures are attempting to escape from the sides of their faces. Whatever software has been used, has corrupted the original look of the film."

"And the fact that the film no longer looks anything like film, I find troubling."
George Lucas has always needed protecting from himself; his so called Star Wars special editions are proof of that. All he had to do was use modern technology to enhance what was already there. Clean up VFX etc, remove negative damage and not add new garbage(not funny) comedy characters. Here we are again removing grain from a film that was shot on film. It’s weird to think that anyone would think it looks better. Any magic that was there has now gone. He even added very poor digital creatures to his directors cut of THX. they looked ridiculous. It’s like nobody has the balls to say but George it will look crap.