Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: American Made (2017)

Genre: Crime, Thriller

Director: Doug Liman

Cast: Tom Cruise, Sarah Wright, Domhnall Gleeson, Alejandro Edda, Mauicio Mejia, Jayma Mays, Jesse Plemons, Lola Kirke, Jayson Warner Smith, William Mark McCullough, Lara Grice, Frank Licari, Jed Rees, Caleb Landry Jones, Connor Trinneer, April Billingsley, Benito Martinez, Kayla Perkins, Justice Leak, Sharon Conley, Mike Pniewski, Robert Pralgo, E. Roger Mitchell, Michael Mercaldi, Morgan Hinkleman, Patti Schellhaas, Courtney Lakin, Chris Gann

Release: 2017-08-25

Plot: The true story of pilot Barry Seal, who transported contraband for the CIA and the Medellin cartel in the 1980s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poster :photo:

americanmadeposter.jpg

Looks interesting.
But something feels off about it... can't put my finger on it.
Maybe the style? or tone? i dunno.

Looks interesting.
But something feels off about it... can't put my finger on it.
Maybe the style? or tone? i dunno.
Every wiseguy on the planet keeps thinking they are the first to tweet/post - "I liked it the first time when it was called BLOW".:rofl:
They are both true stories about drug/gun runners - so there is gonna be some similarity.
But, Doug Liman is too smart a director to do a film that is a carbon copy of another recent film.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
Every wiseguy on the planet keeps thinking they are the first to tweet/post - "I liked it the first time when it was called BLOW".:rofl:
They are both true stories about drug/gun runners - so there is gonna be some similarity.
But, Doug Liman is too smart a director to do a film that is a carbon copy of another recent film.
A lot of online reviews were complaining about The Wall's ending (i dont know if you seen it yet) simply because it wasnt the original intended ending. But i thought it was a clever ending; as good as (may be even better than) the original ending.

I'll definitely be watching this.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
A lot of online reviews were complaining about The Wall's ending (i dont know if you seen it yet) simply because it wasnt the original intended ending. But i thought it was a clever ending; as good as (may be even better than) the original ending.

I'll definitely be watching this.
I wonder if the blu ray release will have both endings? (I haven't seen it. Did they shoot both endings? Or was the original ending just in a book/script version?)

I wasn't even thinking of BLOW.
I'm just saying something about the way this is filmed seems off to me. A lot of weird choices for shots. Maybe they are doing the handheld feel a lot and that is throwing me off?... i dunno. Maybe its the way they cut the trailer... or maybe i'm crazy.

All are possible!!!

I wasn't even thinking of BLOW.
I'm just saying something about the way this is filmed seems off to me. A lot of weird choices for shots. Maybe they are doing the handheld feel a lot and that is throwing me off?... i dunno. Maybe its the way they cut the trailer... or maybe i'm crazy.

All are possible!!!
I wasn't directing that at your comment @kaw, just an observation that I had seen that elsewhere.
I think that this genre tends to bleed similarities from movie to movie and makes them seem the same.
I think (and I might be thinking of another movie) BLOW even used some similar needledrops that Goodfellas used, and that wasn't helping establish it as its own thing!
(Of course, at this point - Scorsese is cannibalizing his own style from movie to movie! It DOES NOT help that he uses "Gimme Shelter" in almost every movie. Seriously, Marty- let that song go.)
In my heart, I believe that people of the caliber of Cruise and Liman would have no interest in making a movie that was retreading territory that has already been done. So my hope is that this take is quite different. We shall see...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
It was originally in the script. I dont think it was filmed.
This was on Reddit (with absolutely no source named, so take it for what it is):
"I read an article about how Liman got the ending changed via reshoot and I just cannot understand what he was thinking at all."
I suppose, maybe people think Pink should have gotten over his depression and gone back to being a succesful rock star at the end.:naughty:

What feels off? Cruise doing this kind of film. But no worries, once you see him running, everything will be fine... :D

This was on Reddit (with absolutely no source named, so take it for what it is):
"I read an article about how Liman got the ending changed via reshoot and I just cannot understand what he was thinking at all."
I suppose, maybe people think Pink should have gotten over his depression and gone back to being a succesful rock star at the end.:naughty:
Did a quick search, and i think this is the article they were referring to. It looks legit but it doesn't list where all the quotes come from.
I skimmed through it and it doesnt seem to have any spoilers but still, i would suggest not to read it until you've watched the film.
https://theringer.com/doug-liman-the-wall-best-movie-ending-of-year-9cbc28a91166

Anyway, in it, Mr. Liman is quoted saying that he actually re-shot the ending 6 months after filming was done, which seems to suggest he actually shot the original too. So may be we'll see it on Bluray?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database