American Psycho (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 63) [Hong Kong]

Apr 14, 2017
France
Release date: June 21, 2024
Purchase links: One Click - Pet Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on April 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $164.97 (One Click) - $49.99 (Pet Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

AP_overall_packshot_OC_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_FS_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_DLSA_5000x.jpg AP_overall_packshot_DLSB_5000x.jpg

AP_SB_front_2000x.jpg AP_SB_back_2000x.jpg

We're excited to announce our upcoming Steelbook project featuring artwork by the very talented illustrator, Karl Fitzgerald. We believe many collectors have seen his artwork online such as "Blade Runner", "Kill Bill" and others. We've always admired his work and style and we are very happy to work with him on our next project.
For our latest project, Karl has created an "American Psycho" Steelbook illustration paying homage to the original book cover. We're truly impressed by how he's captured the essence of the film in his unique way.
If you are interested in seeing more of his works, please check out the websites below:
IG - https://www.instagram.com/karlfitzgeraldart/
Website - https://www.karlfitzgeraldart.com/
Pre-order information for our Steelbook will be released soon through our retailers.
Thank you for your support,
Manta Lab

Last edited by a moderator:
But why did Manta act like this? "Revenge"? For what?
If I had to guess, and I am hypothesising now, this stems from the unlicensed and discless releases that KOSM tried to produce and distribute.
It undeniably put them under a lens from Warner.
At the least, it's easier for Manta to server ties when they can just sell the copies through collectong anyway and have Warner and other studios off their back.
If I were Manta trying to create releases honestly, with a license, I don't know how I would feel seeing another company attempt to bypass all of the legal hassle they have to endure to release similar products (direct competition) while taking the entirety of the profit without supporting the studios and industry.

At least it´s happening something, we need some "spice" in the steelbook game :D

Yeah it´s unfortunate for him, but this is how it is with "bussiness", there are always some troubles, some new obstructions on the way. One must ask If it´s all worth the hassle.

Wonder If Manta will continue cutting the loose ends :naughty:

Reactions: hatredhorror
Will there be some sort of official statement on a resale now or will it just be spontaneous.
If there’s anything left for the titles he’s had cancelled (this, Zilla, Aquaman, Wonka etc) then they will appear as a restock after their release on another titles pre order. But who knows. Manta won’t put out anything to do with this. If there’s any restocks it’s normal business for them

Will there be some sort of official statement on a resale now or will it just be spontaneous.
From manta specifically about this? No. They're not going to say anything about it. He didn't have substantial GB numbers, so don't get the idea in your head there'll be wide scale restock.

Manta do semi regularly restock items anyway, and they do it in conjunction with new preorders. You'll know if there is going to be one as they mention it in the preorder email, and listings appear under the "back in stock" section on the website.

Bit rubbish of Manta lab, spent a lot with them and just had my American Pyscho oc, wonka oc, godzilla dl and aquaman dl cancelled via kosm. Surely if they have an issue with kosm, they should atleast honor the ones already paid for, then not offer any more going forwards. It feels like punishing the customers.

Bit rubbish of Manta lab, spent a lot with them and just had my American Pyscho oc, wonka oc, godzilla dl and aquaman dl cancelled via kosm. Surely if they have an issue with kosm, they should atleast honor the ones already paid for, then not offer any more going forwards. It feels like punishing the customers.
Would be good if manta allowed those, who had ordered through KOSM, priority in ordering a restock. Seems like a lot of hassle though so I can't see it happening

Reactions: leelee17
Could be a case of email X a screenshot of your KOSM order. Collectong did early invoices for the 2nd The Batman release before the public pre-order.
Again, I don't think it will happen
That really isn't going to happen. They won't have had the customer info from KOS as they aren't due to ship, and given they've severed ties, they aren't going to optain them now.

Fyi, I'm almost positive the early access to Batman CP was only for those who ordered Batman ME directly from Collectong's website. GBs didn't receive them.

Star Wars Tropes GIF

Damn... I had a bad feeling, as I wrote earlier, but it turned out even worse. If American Psycho I got at least one of the slips directly, Batman Begins I only bought through KOSM, 2× One-Clicks, one for a friend.
Also two slips of Godzilla, and 3 slips of Aquaman 2, again for me and a couple of friends.
MantaLab acted like complete assholes.

Well, that's another story lol one for the tax man. Id've thought that large GB host shipments would usually be hit by customs.
As MantaLab ship directly, I don't think any tax is paid.
Those copies that are unsold maybe KOSM received to his address, and those are mailed within UK later. Maybe tax is paid on those...
Either way every single release has a written note on it that it's only for sale in that region/country, and technically all import sales are probably illegal, I just don't know to which extent, I'm not a lawyer.

As MantaLab ship directly, I don't think any tax is paid.
Those copies that are unsold maybe KOSM received to his address, and those are mailed within UK later. Maybe tax is paid on those...
Either way every single release has a written note on it that it's only for sale in that region/country, and technically all import sales are probably illegal, I just don't know to which extent, I'm not a lawlawyer
They don't for all GBs actually, but I wasn't specifically talking about manta with that response. Point stands for any bulk order a GB host receives large enough to attract attention.

Export sales are not illegal, at least not in the UK anyway. Every item has country of origin, but that does not mean it can only be sold in that country. Manta can't sell it here, i.e physically operating in the UK as a retailer, but that doesn't stop them shipping here, or anyone else reselling stock here they've bought via a legitimate channel.