American Psycho (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

EvilThing

I'd buy that for a dollar...
Premium Supporter
Feb 18, 2016
Manchester, UK
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 3, for Red Carpet subscribers around 12 PM, and for general sale around 6 PM UK time - TBC)
Price: £25.99

am_psycho_1.jpg

The SteelBook contains a Patrick Bateman business card and comes in a beautifully designed slipcase.

• Disc 1 – 4K Ultra HD (Movie + Special Features)
    • DELETED SCENES WITH OPTIONAL DIRECTOR COMMENTARY
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MARY HARRON (RECORDED IN 2018 – 4K ONLY)
    • AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH WRITER GUINEVERE TURNER
  • Disc 2 – Blu-Ray (Movie + Special Features)
    • AMERICAN PSYCHO: FROM BOOK TO SCREEN
    • THE ’80S: DOWNTOWN

Last edited by a moderator:
Even though this is the best looking steel for this movie so far it still aint nothing special... so many cool artworks out there to choose from... heck, ill even give them my own artwork if they want it

TH-IS what i need from you Zavi(beautiful slips( for all future steelbooks). and i betcha, allllll of 'em will sellout.

probably this will not have a remastered Blu-Ray on bord
Not even the German steel? It's properly nice in-hand
The german steelbook comes with a 2K-remastered version of the movie that was made for the mediabook release shortly before the 4Ks were released in the states. The mediabooks were sold out very fast and Koch-Media decided to bring out another release in steelbook with the same master. Although this release is pretty nice and sure an upgrade to the "Entertaiment in Video"-Blu-Ray from 2015 they decided to bring out another version as a Amaray-release with a new 4K-master in May 2020, but without the bonus content, that is exclusive to steel/mediabook. Probably the Zavvi-one comes with the old "EiV"-master of the Blu-Ray, but will be the first 4K-steelbook of the movie and has the nice slip, that looks pretty good I think.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CleverLoginName
I know the previous UK steelbook wasn't well received, but it still remains one of my favourites! Always kinda hoped Arrow would eventually get the rights and do one of their awesome hard box editions. Will most likely pick this up anyway (if I have the cash available).

I know the previous UK steelbook wasn't well received, but it still remains one of my favourites! Always kinda hoped Arrow would eventually get the rights and do one of their awesome hard box editions. Will most likely pick this up anyway (if I have the cash available).
I liked the minimalistic design of it. I added the second part with Mila Kunis and William Shatner to it with a disc-holder - so I have both films in a compact format. I will replace the disc from part1 with the new 4K-transfer disc from KochMedia when it comes out.

Reactions: Noodles
I liked the minimalistic design of it. I added the second part with Mila Kunis and William Shatner to it with a disc-holder - so I have both films in a compact format. I will replace the disc from part1 with the new 4K-transfer disc from KochMedia when it comes out.
I forgot the sequel even existed tbh. Worth checking out?

I forgot the sequel even existed tbh. Worth checking out?
It was ok, but nothing special and not as good as the first one. The story is very simple and has nothing to do with the original. The only similarity is that serial killer thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
Steelbook looks interesting and slipcase just about perfect with the 1st edition but would have preferred the slip had he not used the axe on his own head:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: DMD4k
Audio commentary on the 4k disc only.. nice and lazy of them. :thumbs:
4K disc also has deleted scenes and special features
It's only the Audio commentary from 2018 that is exclusive to the 4K disc

The rest of the same extras are on both 4K and Blu-ray Disc

Disc 1 - 4K Ultra HD (Movie + Special Features)

• AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MARY HARRON (RECORDED IN 2018 - 4K ONLY)
Disc 2 - Blu-Ray (Movie + Special Features)

• THE '80S: DOWNTOWN
Special features:

• AUDIO COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR MARY HARRON (RECORDED IN 2018 - 4K ONLY)
  • THE ’80S: DOWNTOWN

As in both discs have same extras with only exception the 4K disc has the 2018 commentary and Blu-ray Disc does not

This steelbook will have same discs as the existing UK lionsgate amaray 4K release from 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: jasong
It's all very well having a smart business card but the glamour is somewhat reduced by the abject failure to spell "acquisitions" correctly:-
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Hopefully the card of the president of the company has the correct spelling.