American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I really cannot see how this could happen. Huge disappointment :( Christian Bale deserves better, the movie deserves better and most of all, we definitely deserve better art for this :sour:

Reactions: SteelCollz
Well on their Facebook page someone has made reference to the winner already working for the poster company before this, so yeah smells!

Reminds me of that time Only God Forgives had a competition and they picked a winner with bland art BUT the guy basically used a poster version of his artwork in another competition.

They all stink. Come across as them picking the ones which will be cheaper for them to print.

I'm guessing those with better colours and fuller images would cost more to print then black and white arty farty ones.

Well, for starters- its is a CARTOON. instead of something iconic from the movie-
it is an image that is made-up...And it is a CARTOON.
And it looks nothing like Christian Bale...And it is a CARTOON.
And like a children's book...It is a CARTOON.
WHY NOT
View attachment 182663??
Makes as much sense....and it is a CARTOON. See?;)
I believed its one of their competition rules that artworks need to be original and not from the posters, you also can check Better Call Saul competition thread it appears to have the same cartoon artworks... which I'm not so crazy with...

anyway just keep the comments civilize here guys...

Reminds me of that time Only God Forgives had a competition and they picked a winner with bland art BUT the guy basically used a poster version of his artwork in another competition.

They all stink. Come across as them picking the ones which will be cheaper for them to print.

I'm guessing those with better colours and fuller images would cost more to print then black and white arty farty ones.

Spent 10 years in media related companies including household name magazines, many of whom did comps like this and they were all rigged to some degree. Doesn't mean they all are, but 95% of them are far from honest.

I'd rather make my own artwork, buy double sided adhesive photo paper and then stick it on top of a blank steelbook.

So sick and tired of poor artwork being chosen, i.e. Whiplash. But at least with that, in the end we got the artwork we all wanted !

Reactions: psychoscot
Maybe if they put the back as the front and put the front in the bin! Man, and I thought the zavvi Faceoff was bad. The front of this is just terrible. Hate the teeth especially.

Reactions: C.C. 95
the first picture :vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit: second picture :smuggrin::Snap::wacky::D:hungry:

I really like that first one but with a different title style. The blue on it reminds me of the electric blue title on the UK it follows blu Ray that looks amazing and pierces. In gloss and great colours used might look cool. Like requiem for a dream steel.

Anyway they seriously need to loose those teeth lol

Reactions: luke98
I really like that first one but with a different title style. The blue on it reminds me of the electric blue title on the UK it follows blu Ray that looks amazing and pierces. In gloss and great colours used might look cool. Like requiem for a dream steel.

Anyway they seriously need to loose those teeth lol
yes no teeth :p

Reactions: Flloydo