paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films (Sold Out) - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £22.00 (Arrow) - £21.99 (Zavvi - HMV) - £24.05 (Amazon)
Notes: Arrow Films Store special pre-order price until August 30

418fac25-235a-4a98-a996-369f21b7d7c1.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• New 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • New audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis
  • Audio Commentary by actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
  • Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, newly produced, feature-length documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more
  • An American Filmmaker in London, a newly filmed interview with John Landis in which he reflects on his time working in Britain and British cinema
  • I Think He's a Jew: The Werewolf's Secret, new video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landis’ film explores Jewish identity
  • The Werewolf’s Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landis’ film.
  • Wares of the Wolf, new featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of The Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film
  • Beware the Moon, Paul Davis’ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landis’ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews
  • Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the film’s production
  • An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film
  • Makeup Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film
  • I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with the make-up artist about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films
  • Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Baker's workshop as they cast David Naughton's hand
  • Outtakes
  • Original trailers, teasers and radio spots
  • Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art and artwork by Graham Humphreys
  • Double-sided fold-out poster
  • Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
418fac25-235a-4a98-a996-369f21b7d7c1.jpg 4b882031-1954-4d3b-80fb-58e1a7859287.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Asopp
Ended up ordering from zavvi as 10 minutes later I still couldn't order from Arrow's own site. Having said that love all these vanity labels giving up our favourite films a long overdue makeover.... Would have loved if Arrow had been doing the forthcoming Star Trek: The Motion picture...

Ended up ordering from zavvi as 10 minutes later I still couldn't order from Arrow's own site. Having said that love all these vanity labels giving up our favourite films a long overdue makeover.... Would have loved if Arrow had been doing the forthcoming Star Trek: The Motion picture...
Arrow store website is now working OK

Ordered with Arrow films Store and Zavvi for now
Will also order from amazon when listed and wait to see if amazon ends up been cheaper before release date to decide with order I keep

When it comes to limited editions I grab them from arrow as I find there packing better than zavvi for sure, just sick fed up of everything you get from zavvi arriving in Jiffy bags and turning up a mess, after all these years they have been in business you think they would pack say a big order and send in a box for better protection. It's ok for you guys in uk to get replacements and do returns but harder overseas. Not only that the boxes they use which is very rare they must go to a recycling tip to send out stuff they are probably worse than the bags as very thin.
Amazon are a hit or miss sometimes being sent together and other times sent on its own with sometime damage, but Amazon don't send here now and but arrow does.
The only bugger is arrow shipping has increased so much and it can be for me half the price with zavvi who great still send here, but for limited edition zavvi is crap unless you don't mind condition it arrives. Steelbooks are fine with zavvi and your average blu ray.

When it comes to limited editions I grab them from arrow as I find there packing better than zavvi for sure, just sick fed up of everything you get from zavvi arriving in Jiffy bags and turning up a mess, after all these years they have been in business you think they would pack say a big order and send in a box for better protection. It's ok for you guys in uk to get replacements and do returns but harder overseas. Not only that the boxes they use which is very rare they must go to a recycling tip to send out stuff they are probably worse than the bags as very thin.
Amazon are a hit or miss sometimes being sent together and other times sent on its own with sometime damage, but Amazon don't send here now and but arrow does.
The only bugger is arrow shipping has increased so much and it can be for me half the price with zavvi who great still send here, but for limited edition zavvi is crap unless you don't mind condition it arrives. Steelbooks are fine with zavvi and your average blu ray.

Do Hmv post abroad? I have ordered from them as I have found their packing to be pretty good and I wanted to support them being back online again.

Do Hmv post abroad? I have ordered from them as I have found their packing to be pretty good and I wanted to support them being back online.
Hmv have never sent overseas and dont think they do now,they really should as they have been close to going under twice and the amount who get stuff from them through group buys etc im sure they do very well if they did. Most places do these days so dont know why they dont.

Arrow Films Store 10% discount code if you spend over £30.00

Discount Voucher code 10yearsandcounting

Voucher code must be used before 30th Sept on any order with a minimum £30 spend

Reactions: snow flake