An American Werewolf in London (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: March 29, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - Slipcase Edition - Steelbook only (Pre-order on November 27 at 3 PM - UK time)
Price: £24.99 (Slipcase Edition) - £17.99 (Steelbook only)
Notes: Slipcase edition exclusive to Red Carpet Subscribers

Slipcase Edition.jpgSteelbook only.png
RC slipcase.jpg 12745224-5124818637550586.jpg 12745224-1974818637591878.jpg inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an arrow release. RC exclusive slipcase, meaning there'll be a non slip steel variant as well. It doesn't appear to be a 4k release, unless they're doing a 3rd variant of the steel that does include one.. which is an absolute fail in my opinion, because the steel itself looks to be a winner.

AAWIL (RC_slipcase_excl).jpg

Last edited:
Not sure how I feel about that art. I can’t stand the part of the werewolf eye on the spine and the cropped hair on the top of the front. Slip looks rubbish too.

after that turbine art it’s hard to beat

It's an arrow release. RC exclusive slipcase, meaning there'll be a non slip steel variant as well. It doesn't appear to be a 4k release, unless they're doing a 3rd variant of the steel that does include one.. which is an absolute fail in my opinion, because the steel itself looks to be a winner.

View attachment 492165

If I could pick just one part that doesn’t work for me on this package, it would be..... the lot.

I was lucky enough to pick that one up on eBay a while back. Assuming the Zavvi one will be the same (fantastic) transfer but I'm not a fan of the new steelbook art at all. Think I'll stick with what I've got.

Pre order live on Friday November 27th at 3 PM UK time
Slipcase Edition
Slipcase Edition.jpg RC slipcase.jpg

Steelbook only Edition
12745224-1904818637500936.jpg

12745224-5124818637550586.jpg 12745224-1974818637591878.jpg inside.jpg

LIMITED EDITION STEELBOOK CONTENTS

• Limited to 1500 units
  • 2019 restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Original uncompressed 1.0 mono and optional 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis
  • Audio Commentary by actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
  • Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, feature-length documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more
  • An American Filmmaker in London, an interview with John Landis in which he reflects on British cinema and his time working in Britain
  • I Think He's a Jew: The Werewolf's Secret, video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landis’ film explores Jewish identity
  • The Werewolf’s Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landis’ film.
  • Wares of the Wolf, featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film
  • Beware the Moon, Paul Davis’ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landis’ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews
  • Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the film’s production
  • An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film
  • Makeup Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film
  • I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with the make-up artist about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films
  • Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Baker's workshop as they cast David Naughton's hand
  • Outtakes
  • Storyboards featurette
  • Original trailers, teasers and radio spots
  • Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera
  • Limited edition Steelbook featuring newly produced artwork by Gary Pullin
  • Limited edition booklet featuring writing by Craig Ian Mann and Simon Ward

Last edited:
An absolute waste & an easy pass.
Artwork on the slip is awful (and is internal artwork anyway).
Front artwork isn't great either, should have had David on the front, wolf on the back, Jack on the left of the inside, keep the right as it is.