Anaconda Collection (1997-2009) (Blu-ray Deluxe Collector's Edition) (88 Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 31, 2022
Purchase links: 88 Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 3000 - Rigid Slipcase with New Artwork

713tUJmNi6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Missed the first set, won't miss this one. :)
The first set is nice but I do think that this fits better with the rest of their stuff.
Be nice to see a similar release for Hollow man now :whistle: :whistle:

Reactions: Grendel
Agreed Buddy @Robles I think the artwork on this one is far superior.
I (somewhat foolishly) purchased the MAG huge Boxed ed for the 1st film, so this ed will match nicely with that artwork.
I'll post a pic side by each when this lands at home. :happy:

As for Hollow Man, I had an order placed with Zavvi for the lovely set and they cancelled it. I guess they ran out of stock?
I'd love to see a repeat of it so I can snag.

Reactions: Robles
hoping for four disc set instead of the three for four in the previous box set. (and like that this will have rigid slip)

Reactions: Robles
3 and 4 are hilariously terrible. Blood orchid is a fun watch though and I always enjoy the first film, which proudly wears its B movie creature feature heart on its sleeve. This is a great looking set and having missed out on the previous release I'm very happy to see 88 films rerelease it with a cool looking rigid slipcase

Preordered!

Reactions: Robles and 5t33lb0y
3 and 4 are hilariously terrible. Blood orchid is a fun watch though and I always enjoy the first film, which proudly wears its B movie creature feature heart on its sleeve. This is a great looking set and having missed out on the previous release I'm very happy to see 88 films rerelease it with a cool looking rigid slipcase

Preordered!

This will look great on shelf! ^_^

Reactions: Lord Vader
Listed on 88 Films Website
Pre order not live yet
Ignore price listed as £888.88 that will change on their website when ready to pre order or instock

FEATURES

DISC ONE: Anaconda (1997)

• HD Transfer in Original 2.35:1 Aspect Ratio
  • Optional English Subtitles
  • English DTS-HD MA 5.1
  • Audio Commentary by Genre Expert Scott Harrison
  • A Blockbuster with Bite - The Legacy of Anaconda: Interview with Critic Kim Newman
  • Slithery Story - Remembering the Effects of Anaconda: An Interview with SFX Supervisor Steve Johnson
  • Squeeze Play - Producing Anaconda: An Interview with Producer Leonard Rabinowitz
  • A Franchise with Fangs - Remembering the Anaconda Movies - Interview with Tremors Expert Jonathan Melville
  • Original Theatrical Trailer

DISC TWO:
Anacondas - The Hunt For the Blood Orchid (2004)

• HD Transfer in Original 2.40:1 Aspect Ratio
  • English DTS-HD MA 5.1
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Special Effects Toolbox - Creating Anacondas Featurette
  • Original Theatrical Trailer
DISC THREE: Anaconda 3 - Offspring (2008) / Anacondas - Trail of Blood (2009)

• HD Transfers in Original 1.85:1 Aspect Ratio
  • English DTS-HD MA 5.1
Includes Limited Edition (3000) Rigid Slipcase with new artwork from Acclaimed artist, Joel Robinson

TECHNICAL SPECS
  • Region Code: ABC
  • Picture Format: HD 1080p 1.85:1 / 2.40:1
  • Audio Format: 5.1
  • Language: English
  • Certification: 18
  • Running Time: 366
  • Discs: 3

I'm curious if disc 3 is a flipper disc (do they even do those anymore?) or a double layered disc with both films 3 & 4 on one side.
It's the same discs as previous release
2 films on 1 disc not a flipper

It's just a re-release with new packaging
Rigid Slipcase with New Artwork

Thanks again for the info @paulboland. Always appreciate your news and knowledgeable insight.
I missed the 1st box set release (as again, Zavvi oversold and mine was cancelled...grr...) but honestly, I think the art on this new set is far superior anyway. :)
As I mentioned, I have the MAG release of the 1st film and this set's art matches it lovingly.
Assuredly, not the best sequels ever produced but still a fun brain-free watch, ( still beat the Star Wars ones though, heh).

Reactions: paulboland
I got notified by Amazon that release date changed and that they don't have one avaliable yet, but when i checked on Amazon site new delivery date is 31st of January 2022.

I got notified by Amazon that release date changed and that they don't have one avaliable yet, but when i checked on Amazon site new delivery date is 31st of January 2022.
Amazon/Zavvi/HMV
Have release date as January 31st 2022

88 Films have not updated release date yet on their website
It was changed previously to November 29, 2021 but looks now to be changed again to Monday January 31st 2022