Anime Anime: News, Purchases and Discussions

Grendel

Premium Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
dark corner of your closet
1558292085515.png

Good Afternoon Folks:
@Wreck and @IRON MAN have given me permission to create a thread they will 'Sticky' within this sub-forum, so that we may discuss and announce, any anime materiel that may be deemed of interest.
As the title suggests, we'd love to hear about;
- your recent purchases (including great sales others would be interested in)
- any news on pre-orders or titles going OOP forthcoming, and
- of course your views and points of interest wrt titles old, new and hoped for!

Pictures are of course welcome, as are links to titles available for sale. All within the bounds of existing forum rules, of course.
*note: Trades and sales would not be appropriate here, as there is already a very healthy Trade Forum for all subjects.

I know there are some very knowledgeable anime fans at HDN and we very much look forward to seeing your posts!
(also, spread the word please).

As I am not a Moderator, please feel free to contact @IRON MAN with any issues you may have regarding this thread.

Thanks for stopping by!

Grendel

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone! Iam fan of anime and new member arround. At this moment looking to collect collectors/limited editions from Sword art online. I managed to get all except SAO 1 and 2. Found some riddiculus prices on ebay and some very cool prices on amazon france. Do any of you guys have experience to buy those anime from amazon fr? Does it have english subt? On amazon usually is description just with france subtitles which would be issue for me. Also knowledge base info about best places to buy for europe BR region(2) would be appreciated! Thanks for any info!

Hello everyone! Iam fan of anime and new member arround. At this moment looking to collect collectors/limited editions from Sword art online. I managed to get all except SAO 1 and 2. Found some riddiculus prices on ebay and some very cool prices on amazon france. Do any of you guys have experience to buy those anime from amazon fr? Does it have english subt? On amazon usually is description just with france subtitles which would be issue for me. Also knowledge base info about best places to buy for europe BR region(2) would be appreciated! Thanks for any info!

If you want region B then AlltheAnime.com is your best option, also subscribe to them so you see any upcoming news plus click on the WATCH button on option on this page so you can keep up to date with any new anime news.

Other sites I follow just to keep up to date is rightstuffanime.com and sentaifilmworks.com (both are USA based) they are great to see any upcoming releases you need to keep an eye on a lot of times Alltheanime releases their own European region B version box set.
Also Archonia is another EU based website that sells region B limited editions zavvi also gets alot of anime region B editions.

I have no experience with amazon.fr due to their lack of English subtitles but it looks like those are random sellers flipping their copies for a profit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jingej
Collection of Anime that i started January 2022. Collection only region B. Every month grows:).

Collectors editions. Mainly fan of SAO. Those limited are so nice! Unfortuntaely S1 reg B limited seems to not exsits.
My actual goal is to gather all Attack on Titan limited region B. Got all except S1 which seems(again) to not exists atleast proper one limited.

IMG-0173.JPG

Another pack of limited/collectors.

IMG-0174.JPG

And some amrays

IMG-0175.JPG

Good Afternoon My Friends; :)

I just wanted to quickly mention, that in addition to the Dark Horse rel of Vol-8 of Berserk (HC) I also managed to receive two accompanying books that are quite lovely indeed.;

- Berserk; HC, Vol 8
- Berserk: Written In Darkness; HC, by Quentin "Alt 236" Boeton, Third Editions Press
- Berserk: Official Guide Book; SC, by Kentaro Miura (RIP), Dark Horse Manga publishing

So, @Sampy ;
I know you have the Boeton Book, displayed in your collection pic on 'Page 7' here and a couple questions for ya Buddy;
- first, what did you think of it? I've only had a quick perusal through it (just got) but looks great!
- second, did you notice an 'alternate' title "In Darkness Ink" listed for it? At first I thought they were 2 different books but from pics I've seen and even the ISBN #, it appears to be the same book?
Curious if you know any more in this regard?

Oh, as for "The Official Guide Book";
Although only available in softcover and not quite as large as hoped (it's Manga sized), it is still an incredible resource for detailing "who's who in the zoo" and the "where's waldo" as to world description is great to have as well.

Both Books, I would highly recommend to any that have a strong affection for the late, great Kentaro Muira's Story.

View attachment 520487

Hi there, sorry for the late reply! I didn't have the time to read it or take a closer look.. I think there must be one book. I remember searching for an English version, because there was only the French version at first. Did you get the chance to take a closer look at it yet?

Hi @Sampy ; :)

Thanks much for your reply. Following a bit of research, I discovered they are indeed, the same book.
I've recently purchased Vol-10 of the HC series from Dark Horse and looking forward to the remainder.
I found the statue you posted a pic of (above) of lovely interest but as it bears such striking resemblance to the Figma figure I purchased, I'll pass on it.
Honestly, part of my issue as of late is, I am in essence, just running out of room.
I have managed to dedicate an entire room to my Blu-ray (+dvd) collection, with additional shelving for 1-clicks and statues/figs in the Media room.
I'm still pressed for space, heh.
Now, I set myself up for difficulty in the respect that I have more "doubles" than make sense, so I think it's time to share my wealth with the world in that regard.
When I do, I guarantee I shall inform you dear folks of what I elect to part with before I open a general sale.
Considering the amount of Limited Editions in my collection, that will be something to take note of.
All my best, to you and all our dear friends here. :emb:

In case anyone is interested Crunchyroll Home Video December 2022 Release Schedule
'
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Crunchyroll is closing out 2022 with some fantastic anime titles coming to home video this December, including the Limited Edition Blu-ray box sets for Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Part 1 on December 6 and My Hero Academia Season 5 - Part 2 on December 13 as well as the thrilling release of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc on Blu-ray for the first time December 20.

The Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Part 1 Limited Edition Blu-ray comes with an exclusive fabric poster, four art cards, and an art book along with an insightful 10-minute Q&A with the voice over actors. Within the My Hero Academia Season 5 Part 2 Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set is a 64-page hardcover art book, an embroidered patch, and a keychain while also including both season 5 OVAs and a fun Q&A with the voice actors who portray the villains of the series.
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - Entertainment District Arc
After visiting the Rengoku residence, Tanjiro and his comrades volunteer for a mission within the Entertainment District, a place where desires are sold and demons dwell. They journey alongside the flashy Sound Hashira, Tengen Uzui, in search of a monstrous foe terrorizing the town. Sworn to slay creatures of the night, the hunt continues.
My Hero Academia Season 5 Part 2 (Limited Edition)
The League of Villains is dead broke and getting nowhere fast. All For One’s enormous bodyguard Gigantomachia arrives to pulverize them into shape. But before they’re back on their feet, the sinister Meta Liberation Army, led by Re-Destro, comes out of the woodwork to destroy the League and anyone who tries to regulate Quirks.
  • My Hero Academia Season 5 Part 2 Limited Edition Exclusives:
    • 64-Page Hardcover Art Book With Cast Interviews
    • My Villain Academia Embroidered Patch
    • Ochaco Acrylic Keychain
  • My Hero Academia Season 5 Part 2 Limited Edition Special Features:
    • Textless Opening and Ending Songs
    • Promo Videos
    • OVA 1: HLB (Hero League Baseball)
    • OVA 2: "Laugh! As If You Are in Hell"
    • My Hero Academia Season 5: Villain Lightning Round Q&A
Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Part 1 (Limited Edition)
When a 34-year-old underachiever gets run over by a truck, his story doesn't end there. Reincarnated in a new world as an infant, Rudy will seize every opportunity to live the life he's always wanted. Armed with new friends, some freshly acquired magical abilities, and the courage to do the things he's always dreamed of, he's embarking on an epic adventure—with all of his past experience intact!
  • Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Part 1 Limited Edition Exclusives:
    • Art book
    • Four art cards
    • Fabric poster
    • Collectible box
  • Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation - Part 1 Limited Edition Special Features:
    • Textless Opening and Ending Songs
    • Promo Videos/Commercials
    • 10 Minute Voice Actor Q&A
Check out the full December 2022 home video release calendar from Crunchyroll below:
(Release schedule is subject to change)
December 6, 2022
December 13, 2022
December 20, 2022
December 27, 2022
All titles mentioned above are now available for pre-order. Visit the Crunchyroll Store for more home video offerings.

• Thanks
Reactions: Billy Talent
Hi @Sampy ; :)

Thanks much for your reply. Following a bit of research, I discovered they are indeed, the same book.
I've recently purchased Vol-10 of the HC series from Dark Horse and looking forward to the remainder.
I found the statue you posted a pic of (above) of lovely interest but as it bears such striking resemblance to the Figma figure I purchased, I'll pass on it.
Honestly, part of my issue as of late is, I am in essence, just running out of room.
I have managed to dedicate an entire room to my Blu-ray (+dvd) collection, with additional shelving for 1-clicks and statues/figs in the Media room.
I'm still pressed for space, heh.
Now, I set myself up for difficulty in the respect that I have more "doubles" than make sense, so I think it's time to share my wealth with the world in that regard.
When I do, I guarantee I shall inform you dear folks of what I elect to part with before I open a general sale.
Considering the amount of Limited Editions in my collection, that will be something to take note of.
All my best, to you and all our dear friends here. :emb:
Looking forward to some pics of your room :D

Good luck with your upcoming mega sale!

Anyone know release dates of limited edition with english sub - preferably UK versions(since its region B) for those titles:

Attack on Titan Final season part 2 and part 3
Demon Slayer Mugen Train Arc
Demon Slayer Entertainment Arc

Or any idea where to find such information?

Thanks!