Annihilation (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: April 1, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order January 12 around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99

12014002-1084654055379813.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the US is the only place this film was released in theaters.
I still don't understand what that's got to do with anything?

Netflix has a worldwide platform. Over 45 million have viewed Bird Box on it already. Does that make it a failure because it wasn't released in theatres?

I hope @awb85 is trying to get to the point that if the movie wasn't released in theatres in a country, it's unlikely to have a distribution deal with a studio, and therefore
would be harder to get the rights to issue the film on physical media. Or to that point, more difficult to release due to no deal in place.

At least, that would be my assumption.

Huh. In the past couple years there are instances where Paramount's US Steelbook is of better quality than the worldwide ones. Star Trek Beyond, Ghost in the Shell, etc.

Of course in this case I doubt they'd do the same. Unless this doesn't have a title on the front.

I hope @awb85 is trying to get to the point that if the movie wasn't released in theatres in a country, it's unlikely to have a distribution deal with a studio, and therefore
would be harder to get the rights to issue the film on physical media. Or to that point, more difficult to release due to no deal in place.

At least, that would be my assumption.
How do TV shows work then? You can buy lots of those on physical media.

I haven't seen this, it'll be a blind buy for me. What are peoples thoughts of this movie?
It's ok I guess... I wasn't as impressed with it as others have been.
Having said that the steel looks nice and the concept by Sean is even nicer, I'd even be tempted to buy it if it became a reality :LOL:

Reactions: Lone Crusader
It's not overrated. More people hated it than loved it, it barely made any money in theaters, it got a C cinemascore.

It's a solid, suspenseful, mesmerising sci-fi flick with probably the best written and performed team of female characters in recent memory but also a bit slow and the ending might be jarring to most. Stunning UHD presentation too.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Oh I loved this movie but can definitely recognize why others don't.

And I only use the term mesmerising sparingly; Ex Machina, the "she-some" from Blade Runner 2049, and Annihilation to me are some of the very few things that qualify.