Release date: November 30th, 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

Art TBC
antman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
fill ya boots, man of my word cancelled! :thumbs:

all these various people saying it's awful but i still keep my order or ill get a slip cover made your option but your only helping future shittie artworks and nothing will change, personally a turd is a turd no matter how much fairy dust you sprinkle on it.
its a shame people don't have the courage of there own convictions and actually grow a back bone for once :rolleyes:
and just remember the worse bit about it, you'll know in your own mind its not right and that be the kicker when you open it up and always be nagging in the back of your own head:LOL:

basil :D
I agree. Far too many "I don't mind it" or "it's not terrible." Should the cover not be something you love and that's why you choose steelbook? A gimmicky jokey cover will be funny the first time you see it but will lose its comedy effect every time after. Like the white Ant Man poster with the tiny Any Man on it - it was hilarious the first time I saw it but it would be a terrible bluray cover.

For me, a good way to gauge how good a steelbook is is to ask myself if this is artwork good enough to be on a poster in my home. I would gladly have Drew Struzan calibre art, or even something minimal yet iconic like Capt America's shield, but would anyone have a poster of this up? I am happy you save £10 AND get a better cover by going for 2D amaray but unfortunately there are so many steelbook collectors who have steelbook OCD and must get every one no matter how bad.

I've cancelled my order now that blufans have announced their release.

I've double dipped on a lot of marvel releases before, including even the GOTG walk men design. But this just doesn't appeal as a steelbook design.

Reactions: harry
To be honest, it's growing on me. I kinda like it but I need to see the film again to remember what signifigance the SSD card had in the film?!

I've not seen the movie, but as someone said earlier, this is the kind of obscure thing that got me into collecting steelbooks in the first place. It's like the GOTG walkman.... I love it. Let everyone have their own tastes... isn't that what collecting is all about... someone's cancellation is another's grail. I'm not gonna pay £60-£70 for a Blufans on a blind buy or because it has a nice cover.... steelbooks like this are meant to be shown on your shelf, not covered up.

I agree. Far too many "I don't mind it" or "it's not terrible." Should the cover not be something you love and that's why you choose steelbook? A gimmicky jokey cover will be funny the first time you see it but will lose its comedy effect every time after. Like the white Ant Man poster with the tiny Any Man on it - it was hilarious the first time I saw it but it would be a terrible bluray cover.

For me, a good way to gauge how good a steelbook is is to ask myself if this is artwork good enough to be on a poster in my home. I would gladly have Drew Struzan calibre art, or even something minimal yet iconic like Capt America's shield, but would anyone have a poster of this up? I am happy you save £10 AND get a better cover by going for 2D amaray but unfortunately there are so many steelbook collectors who have steelbook OCD and must get every one no matter how bad.

To me a steelbook should be different to an amaray. At the end of the day you either like the product, or you don't.

If anybody doesn't like it, it doesn't mean everybody has to not like it!

Reactions: mumbles
I like it, but I would encourage zavvi to publish the full artwork, including the back and inside artwork, as this front 'packshot' really doesn't show the steel as it is intended, you can't see the SSD 1TB lettering, and the back art as seen from the Spanish edition.

Having the full artwork shown without the slip would benefit this release as it does look much better as a whole.

The US edition shows us circuit board internal art, but as GOTG had different inside art between the US and Worldwide editions, I do wonder if the UK/WWA will have alternative art as well, I haven't seen an example yet.

My order is not going to be cancelled, not a chance. This is going to be this years GOTG, you'll regret it if you miss out.

There is a hole on the front with Antman in it, the bullet is visible stuck on the inside but on backside of the front there is no bullethole? Fail. Overall crap artwork, as we already knew.
Doesnt seem like they 'bossed Antman and the bullethole anything either... disappointing.

Last edited:
There is a hole on the front with Antman in it, the bullet is visible stuck on the inside but on backside of the front there is no bullethole? Fail. Overall crap artwork, as we already knew.
Doesnt seem like they 'bossed Antman and the bullethole anything either... disappointing.
Yes, I was looking over this thread now from Mondays comments and realised exactly the same thing....just before I read your response. I think someone needs to shoot up some SSDs and see if they are like kevlar...