Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: June 2nd, 2015
Price: €20.06
Purchase link: Amazon FR

818YonGg4LL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered this one
always one of my favorite movies and is this one clearly states that the disc has the 20th anniversary edition /remastered version I am really looking forward to watch this movie again

Houston , your steelbook has a problem

I just received my steelbook today , unfortunately it was damaged ,
300qsqs.jpg

2draqt3.jpg

As for the steelbook itself, I am really disappointed, such a great movie like Apollo 13 deserves a much nicher steelbook.
It almost looks like a metal pak, just the material itself, it almost lookes like plastic.

Of course you can say , what were you expecting for a price of €20,-
I have bought other steelbooks under €20,- but none of them looked so cheap as this one
I do not know if the zavvi will be the same, I assume it will be ?

Does anyone know if the earlier releases were of a better steelbook quality?
To anyone still considering buying this or not; I would recommend:
" Aboard, mission aboard, do not go for launch !! "

The listing on Amazon France now has
This product is the subject of an investigation
This article is currently available from Marketplace sellers, however, the sale of this item directly by Amazon.fr is currently suspended because one of our clients recently informed us that the product received did not conform to its description.

We do our best to solve this problem quickly.Meanwhile, it may be that this article is available from a third party seller on this page.

Note
Its only available from third party sellers at the moment and price is €27.18

Did someone purchase the older release that was €11 by mistake thinking they were ordering The 20th Anniversary Edition
Don't know what someone reported unless they purchased the cheaper older Apollo 13 steelbook that's also listed on the site or a cheeky marketplace seller reporting The 20th Anniversary Edition steelbook as a false report to make it only available from third party sellers

The 20th Anniversary Edition
There is noting wrong with this steelbook and it does conform to its description

The 20th Anniversary Edition steelbook has the new Blu-ray Disc that's 4K Remaster that had a price listed recently as €14.99

You can expect Amazon France to correct this and make available direct from amazon at the price of €14.99 or less/more depending on what price amazon list

Don't bother purchasing from a marketplace seller as you will end up over paying

Last edited:
The listing on Amazon France now has
This product is the subject of an investigation
This article is currently available from Marketplace sellers, however, the sale of this item directly by Amazon.fr is currently suspended because one of our clients recently informed us that the product received did not conform to its description.

We do our best to solve this problem quickly.Meanwhile, it may be that this article is available from a third party seller on this page.

Note
Its only available from third party sellers at the moment and price is €27.18

Did someone purchase the older release that was €11 by mistake thinking they were ordering The 20th Anniversary Edition
Don't know what someone reported unless they purchased the cheaper older Apollo 13 steelbook that's also listed on the site or a cheeky marketplace seller reporting The 20th Anniversary Edition steelbook as a false report to make it only available from third party sellers

The 20th Anniversary Edition
There is noting wrong with this steelbook and it does conform to its description

The 20th Anniversary Edition steelbook has the new Blu-ray Disc that's 4K Remaster that had a price listed recently as €14.99

You can expect Amazon France to correct this and make available direct from amazon at the price of €14.99 or less/more depending on what price amazon list

Don't bother purchasing from a marketplace seller as you will end up over paying

Well, I'm probably the one who started this :p I asked Amazon.fr, yesterday, if it was really a SB, since I was redirected to the standard (case) BR from the link of my pre-order. They replied that it was an error on their website, and they don't have any SB version of the movie. So I canceled mine. Now, I need to decide which one to choose between the JP or DE version :)

Pics courtesy of Angelus @MerlinT

SMjY1pG.jpg

PDuFn80.jpg

CZG3E4L.jpg

mOu0Gr5.jpg

CxYtt8x.jpg

Well, I'm probably the one who started this :p I asked Amazon.fr, yesterday, if it was really a SB, since I was redirected to the standard (case) BR from the link of my pre-order. They replied that it was an error on their website, and they don't have any SB version of the movie. So I canceled mine. Now, I need to decide which one to choose between the JP or DE version :)

@MerlinT
It is a steelbook as others have ordered it and received delivery and what they received was a steelbook

Apollo 13 [Édition Steelbook]
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00UZOFIJ4/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
Photo also clearly shows its a steelbook

You need to contact them and tell them you made a wrong complaint
Did you order by mistake the Amaray Blu-ray instead of the steelbook

Last edited:
It is a steelbook as others have ordered it and received delivery and what they received was a steelbook

Apollo 13 [Édition Steelbook]
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00UZOFIJ4/?tag=hidefnin0a-21
Photo also clearly shows its a steelbook

You need to contact them and tell them you made a wrong complaint

I really messed this thread with the Jupiter Ascending one!!! :oohyeah: You're right, sorry for the confusion :notworthy: Thanks :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Yep, I ordered this through that very link in the OP and I did receive a steelbook from amazon.fr (and this 20th anniversary edition arrived on my anniversary too, coincidence? Yes).

Not a contender for best steelbook of the year, but for €14.99 it's worth owning: classic film, remastered disc, and decent art choices.