IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Apple announces special event for Sept. 9:

Via The Loop

Apple on Thursday sent out invitations to a special event being held on Sept. 9, 2014 at 10:00 am.

Typically Apple’s events are held either at the Yerba Buena Center in San Francisco or at the company’s campus, but this year is a bit different. Apple said in the invitation that the even will be held at the Flint Center for the Performing Arts in Cupertino, the city where Apple’s corporate headquarters is located.

It’s widely expected that Apple will introduce new iPhones at the event, which makes perfect sense—Apple has used the September event to launch new iPhones for a number of years now. Getting new products out in the fall sets the company up for a solid holiday shopping season, the busiest time of the year for consumers.

f4d2a813-a6ac-4a63-82e6-8ecddc862ecb-420x368.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been no secret that the iPhone 6 is coming so this will be what it's all about and probably the reveal of the iWatch

Hoping the iPhone 6 is released in September so I might be able to pick one up in the US in October

Relative seating capacity of Apple Event venues

Campus Town Hall: 301
Yerba Buena Center: 757
Flint Center: 2,405

The last time Apple used Flint Center was to announce the iMac SE in 1999.

Reactions: digitalbabe
IDK, I think the iWatch is neat, it has some neat features but if you already have an iPhone what's the purpose of also having an iWatch too. I think it's a cool gadget to have if maybe your without a iPhone or don't or can't have a phone with you at the moment. I see high school kids go crazy for them though. They might not be able to have there iPhones in the classroom but watch out here comes the iWatch for all you apple loving geeky kids. :)

Totally forgot about this today .. Is there anyway I can watch the event video now (without any additional commentaries, etc.) ?

iPhone 6 launch: Lefties are taking this Apple Watch design flaw very seriously!

People have slammed the $349 gadget – which requires an iPhone to work – after the demo at Apple’s iPhone 6 launch in Cupertino, California, failed to show how to use the watch if you’re a lefty.

BxHIg3JIIAAWh0Y.png

I'm pretty sure that the screen will rotate like in the iPhone plus there's most likely a Settings in the iWatch's iOS that will allow you to choose between left and right handed folks. Why are people getting all bent out of shape for?