Apr 3, 2020
The Netherlands/Finland
Release date: December 1, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $27.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

6434859_sa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this artwork but the front design on the FAC68 slip (or the stand alone steelbook) from FA is nicer imo. The inside and back on this is much better though... decisions decisions :OMG:

Has anyone watched this in 4K? I wonder if there is a big boost in the quality.
Of course we did! ;)
The main improvement I think is the "better differences and distinction between things" in darker scenes (aka as HDR), and since Arrival is mostly dark...
The rest, is pretty much the same, including the lack of an Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack :(

Has anyone watched this in 4K? I wonder if there is a big boost in the quality.
Of course we did! ;)
The main improvement I think is the "(little) better differences and distinction between things" in darker scenes (aka as HDR), and since Arrival is mostly dark...
The rest, is pretty much the same, including the lack of an Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack ::(

I watched the French 4K disc and sadly there really was no visible difference whatsoever in picture quality. Still a great movie and nice looking steelbook :naughty:
Of course we did! ;)
The main improvement I think is the "better differences and distinction between things" in darker scenes (aka as HDR), and since Arrival is mostly dark...
The rest, is pretty much the same, including the lack of an Atmos/DTS:X soundtrack :(
Thanks for your feedback! I was debating whether to upgrade my copy to 4K or not because I thought the Blu-ray already looked pretty good. But if there's no visible differences compared to the blu-ray, then I'll probably hold off on the upgrade. :angel:

Reactions: Lutzo
Thanks for your feedback! I was debating whether to upgrade my copy to 4K or not because I thought the Blu-ray already looked pretty good. But if there's no visible differences compared to the blu-ray, then I'll probably hold off on the upgrade. :angel:
I would still suggest that you actually try it out on your setup, before making the final decision; maybe borrow it from a friend, colleague, neighbor, etc.?!?

Again people’s perception of 4K is swayed by a lack of so called increased detail. 4K version has so much more like hdr increased colour gamut and a more rich stable image. I’ve yet to see a 4K disc that is worse than the blu ray. Even the much hated terminator 2 is quite nice in my opinion; the dnr has been done very well and holds tremendous detail right down to the hairs on Sarah Conners arms and fantastic details that you don’t see on blu ray. In my opinion, if arrival is one of your favourite movies; you need the 4K disc. The movie is quite subdued in tone but the 4K is a richer experience. If you only want the steelbook then you must judge the buy on that alone obviously. I have 4K arrival and love it.