ASUS ROG Ally (Personal Handheld Gaming Console)

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
cd959291-196b-40a7-a669-2d007b0fff61.jpg

The Asus ROG Ally is the ultimate Steam Deck competitor. Asus' expertise in gaming hardware and its Windows 11 operating system allow you to enjoy almost all your PC games on a portable console.

Access to PC, Console, and Mobile Games –

The ROG Ally allows you to play all games on any game platform, including Steam, Xbox Game Pass, Android apps, Epic, GOG, cloud gaming services, and more. No matter where you buy your games, you can play them on the Ally.

90-Day Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Included -

Play Forza Horizon, Minecraft Legends and hundreds of other PC games on the ROG Ally with 3 months of Game Pass included. With games added all the time, there is always something new to play. *Terms apply.

Play the Way You Want

Game from anywhere in handheld mode, with a comfortable and ergonomic design that puts every button within easy reach. Weighing in at just 608 grams, the ROG Ally feels comfortable even during extended gaming sessions. Hook it up to your TV and connect multiple controllers to play with friends. Transform ROG Ally into a full gaming PC set up by connecting to an ROG Mobile device and dock which supports an array of peripherals including a monitor, keyboard, mouse and more.

Groundbreaking performance –

Powered by Windows 11 Home, an AMD Ryzen™ Z1 Extreme APU with RDNA3 graphics, 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, and 512 GB PCIe® 4.0 SSD. The Ally makes playing AAA games on the palm of your hand possible.

ROG Intelligent Cooling –

ROG’s all-new Zero Gravity thermal system and dual fan design keep the Ally cool and quiet at any orientation, letting you game your way. Dual fans with fluid dynamic bearing design, dust filters, and Anti-Gravity heatpipes work in harmony to sustain peak performance while keeping fan noise low.

Stunningly Beautiful Visuals –

Enjoy high-quality visuals on the go with the Ally. Thanks to its 7-inch Full HD touchscreen display with a smooth 120Hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology, games appear crisp and clear.

UHS-II MicroSD card slot –

A dedicated UHS-II microSD card slot allows you to effortlessly add high-speed storage to your machine, so you can keep more games installed and ready to play.

Seamless User Experience with Armoury Crate SE –

ROG Armoury Crate SE provides quick access to all your games and essential settings in one place. Customize keymaps and tweak Aura Sync lighting all from one app.

Modern Security-

Security matters to everyone. Outfitted with Windows Defender for antivirus protection and Windows Hello featuring a fingerprint reader integrated into the power button, Ally keeps your data secure. Parents can limit apps, screentime and track their kids’ location with comprehensive family controls.

Always Ready to Go –

Play your favorite games and stay content for hours without worrying about a charger. The Ally also supports fast charging, enabling a charge from 0-50% in just 30 minutes.

Immerse Yourself with Dolby Atmos and Smart AMP –

Virtual 5.1.2-channel surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos technology puts you in the center of the action. Dual front-firing Smart Amp speakers with Dolby Atmos pump up the volume without distortion and immerse you directly in your games.

ROG Ally Tech Specs
CategorySpec
Price$699 / | ($599 version shipping in Q3)
Operating systemWindows 11 Home
ProcessorAMD Ryzen™ Z1 Extreme Processor | AMD Ryzen Z1
CPUZen 4 architecture, 8-core /16-threads, 24MB total cache, up to 5.10Ghz boost
GPU12 RDNA3 CUs, up to 2.7GHz, 8.6 TFLOP, default 4GB RAM capacity
APU Power9-30W
Display7-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) 16:9 IPS-level touchscreen, 500nits, 100% of sRGB
Display Refresh Rate120Hz
Display Response Time7ms
Memory16GB LPDDR5 on board (6400MT/s dual channel)
Storage512GB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD (2230)
I/O Ports1 x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
Row 12 - Cell 01 x ROG XG Mobile Interface and USB Type-C combo port (with USB 3.2 Gen2, supports DisplayPort 1.4)
Row 13 - Cell 01 x UHS-II microSD card reader (supports SD, SDXC and SDHC)
Control and InputA B X Y buttons, D-pad, L & R Hall Effect analog triggers, L & R bumpers, View button, Menu button, Command Center button, Armoury Crate button, 2 x assignable grip buttons, 2 x full-size analog sticks with capacitive touch
HapticsHD haptics, Gyro: 6-Axis IMU
AudioDolby Atmos, AI noise-canceling technology
Row 17 - Cell 0Hi-Res certification
Row 18 - Cell 0Built-in array microphone, 2-speaker system with Smart Amplifier Technology
Network and CommunicationTriple band Wi-Fi 6E (802.11ax) 2 x 2 Bluetooth 5.2
Battery40WHrs
Power Supply65W USB Type-C PD 3.0 power supply Adapter: 65W AC Adapter, Output: 20V DC, 3.25A, 65W, Input: 100~240V AC 50/60Hz universal
AURA SYNCYes
Weight~608g (1.34 lbs)
Dimensions (W x D x H)28.0 x 11.1 x 2.12 ~3.24cm (11.02 x 4.37 x 0.83 ~1.27 inches)
Xbox Game Pass3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate included
SecurityBuilt-in Fingerprint Sensor Microsoft Pluton security processor

Purchase Here

ASUS - Best Buy

Newegg - Can be pre-upgraded to either 1TB or 2TB before purchase.

Well, I didn't end up getting the OneXPlayer 2, I ended up getting this instead, should be coming in Friday. It just released publicly last month on the 13th. While I do like my Steam Deck there are just some games that have issues not to mention it is a real headache trying to install a non Steam game on the Steam Deck and most steam games you have to run a special Proton in order for the game to work correctly not to mention that it's all riding on a Linux based system. The ROG Ally has Windows 11 on it and you can run all your launchers and games such as Steam, Uplay, EA, Blizzard even GOG launchers on it. I think I'll be happier with it. I'll just sell my Steam Deck on Facebook Marketplace.

I absolutely love it, beats the Steam Deck hands down. With the Steam Deck you had to run a special proton just to run a game and then sometimes it still didn't play, so far all the games I've put on this I've been able to play, including Diablo 4 thanks to it being a Windows OS. Anyone looking for a handheld gaming console that's ultra portable, powerful and extremely fun to play this is your guy. A few images to boot.

20230709_181154484_iOS.JPG 20230709_181232323_iOS.JPG 20230709_181307066_iOS.JPG

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Having an absolute blast on my new ASUS ROG Ally, it is soooo much better than the Steam Deck. Having a Windows based OS rather than Linux makes a world of difference for gaming especially for Steam games. :thanks: :D