Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: 22nd of June, 2015
Purchase links:
Zavvi
Amazon UK (Releases 5th of October, 2015)
Price: £14.99 (Zavvi) - £22.36 (Amazon)
Notes: Limited to 2000 Units - Debossed on Front Cover - Includes an Exclusive Poster & Art Cards

PACKAGE.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The light is pretty poor here this evening, so please excuse the dark photos.
At the top the text "Austin Powers" (and the outline of him) are debossed. At the bottom "Top Secret" is debossed too. Other than that, a Matte finish.

High-res pics (3264x2248) available here (along with a few more not shown), but here's an overview of a bunch of them cobined:
Overview.png
Much better!!

The light is pretty poor here this evening, so please excuse the dark photos.
At the top the text "Austin Powers" (and the outline of him) are debossed. At the bottom "Top Secret" is debossed too. Other than that, a Matte finish.
The art card (the two bottom pictures) is double sided, with the left & right bottom pics showing the back/front of it.

High-res pics (3264x2248) available here (along with a few more not shown), but here's an overview of a bunch of them combined:
Overview.png
Looks pretty damn good to me!

You also think the Zavvi T2 steel is a beauty, so I think we just have different opinions on what constitutes a good design.

Yes, we sure do and there's no harm in that.
I've always been a fan of the forthcoming 'T2' steelbook front image, and prefer it to the 2009 Skynet front image, but as we know there are other issues with this coming release that we will surely find out one way or t'other very soon.

would ve been cool with a nice pink steelbook. Not much of pink steels in the market... Drive maybe

People are always saying they want something different so that would fit the bill. I think if they had done that and used art that had some relevance to the movie then I think nearly everyone would be happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
would ve been cool with a nice pink steelbook. Not much of pink steels in the market... Drive maybe

Now that would be v.nice as pink is evidently a very rare colour for steelbooks, at least here in the U.K., and looking at my shelves I can see only ONE in a pinkish colour and that is the fun and OTT 'Kung Fu Hustle'.

It's £12.99 now. For a steelbook collector its not a bad price, if you don't own it on silver disc, or like me still have the DVD. (I despise folded posters though)

Perhaps they knew they'd still have stock in 2017 when it's really the 20th anniversary.

Regarding PQ/AQ/Region coding/censorship, the German blu ray is supposed to be region free. How's the picture and sound on that?

More likely Zavvi have 1900 of these sitting in their warehouse and have decided to sell some stock to Amazon in the hope of regaining some profit

I have the steelbook and I like it but I doubt it has been a strong seller
Possibly but it's not unusual for several month exclusivity periods. Zavvi had a lot of Steelbooks that haven't sold well but they didn't appear on Amazon.

Possibly but it's not unusual for several month exclusivity periods. Zavvi had a lot of Steelbooks that haven't sold well but they didn't appear on Amazon.

It seems to work the other way around with former Entertainment Store and HMV and Amazon Exclusives ending up at Zavvi at reduced prices.