Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 20, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $38.99

6544419_sd.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think scanavo NA actually have a "zero" finish option like DK, so it won't be the same either way. They've a matte option, but that doesn't look like it. It's glossy, just not a thick finish.

I got my copy yesterday, it’s been a while since I got a Steelbook on a Saturday but I’ll take it! Lol love the full art around the Steelbook and yes as long is not matte I’m cool with semi gloss;)

You Americans love to be the centre of attention in the unboxing videos don’t ya :rofl:

That geezas fat head and you don’t even see the steel lol

And I’m pretty sure semi/ minor/ small amount of gloss is a gloss varnish or simply just a varnish.

You Americans love to be the centre of attention in the unboxing videos don’t ya :rofl:

That geezas fat head and you don’t even see the steel lol

And I’m pretty sure semi/ minor/ small amount of gloss is a gloss varnish or simply just a varnish.

The guy´s hair is ridiculous :hilarious:

• Haha
Reactions: Flloydo
Full glossy, half glossy, 1¾ glossy - don't care, main thing no one said is the discs are not stacked!
Is it the same for all countries' 3-disc steelbooks, and only the 4-disc 3D ones are stacked?

The guy´s hair is ridiculous :hilarious:
You got something to say to King Leonidas?
sparta GIF

Full glossy, half glossy, 1¾ glossy - don't care, main thing no one said is the discs are not stacked!
Is it the same for all countries' 3-disc steelbooks, and only the 4-disc 3D ones are stacked?
Why would the 3 disc steels be stacked? Lol you don't stack 3 discs, you have 3 hubs, that's usual. It's also (sadly) usual to stack 4 discs. If anything you see more of that than 4 separate hubs with a lever arch style design.

Reactions: 5t33lb0y
I think thr only edition stacked is 3D+2D.
Which is weird since that'd go easily into 2 2 disc hubs. But didn't go probably cause of $.
Disney gotta save somewhere considering 4K is on BD-100.

Reactions: samdavies
I just read a review of the transfer and I was actually shocked to find out the did a new 4k intermediate. I was under the impression that the visual effects had only been mastered at 1080p and we would never actually get a new DI for Avatar. Apparently it looks amazing.

Why would the 3 disc steels be stacked? Lol you don't stack 3 discs, you have 3 hubs, that's usual. It's also (sadly) usual to stack 4 discs. If anything you see more of that than 4 separate hubs with a lever arch style design.
Well both Avatar 3-disc Amaray editions in US have 2 of the discs stacked, so who knows this Dishney.

I just read a review of the transfer and I was actually shocked to find out the did a new 4k intermediate. I was under the impression that the visual effects had only been mastered at 1080p and we would never actually get a new DI for Avatar. Apparently it looks amazing.
Yeah, seems they rendered the whole cartoon in UHD in 2009 for futureproofing.

Well both Avatar 3-disc Amaray editions in US have 2 of the discs stacked, so who knows this Dishney.
That is a little unusual, r.e the amaray. Can't remember ever having a stacked amaray tbh. The steel will have 3 separate hubs though, disney do that regularly with their 4K releases, as most have bonus discs.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Yeah, so the CGI is now rendered at UHD, which is why it looks so good. I mean technically it's a new master for the entire film, but the live action lab scenes were only shot with a HDCAM, so there isn't much to gain with those scenes anyway to be fair.