Avengers: Age of Ultron (2D+3D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Lenticular Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 31st, 2016
Purchase link: Avengers: Age of Ultron (live)
Price: £24.99

IMG_8958.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is if everyone doesn't buy first release they will think no one wants it to there may not be a second release. I don't know what to do with Civil War now I want it for my Marvel set but I just know now they will do this with it but if they don't I'll be stuck without one :(
I hear what you are saying, but Marvel sells and they would sell out eventually but as some people would hold off from buying it would inevitably hurt their profit as they may have to drop the price. Hence why I think it would be better to release their WEA lentis as their first release with a higher print run and they would sell out because of the high demand and they would make more money as they wouldn't have to drop the price.

Thing is, how long will they keep doing this for? I got a feeling that they will soon lose their contract with Disney and people will be left with an incomplete matching Marvel set. People will start wising up to this, and already are,and not bother buying the first release because they will wait for the Lenti version to be released or the same first release version with a title on it from Best Buy etc., in turn Zavvi will lose money because the steels from the first round will of course sell out as they always do, but, with the knowledge that they will release something better down the line they do risk being left with some stock and have to drop the price, which they will lose money on.
To me, it makes much more sense to release this type of version with a higher print run, because end of the day, these lentis are WEA, which are more desirable. So they can sell it the rate they do as normal and maximise profit.

They will keep doing it as it keeps selling out. Even the Zavvi Hulk steelbook sold out, and that movie is poorly regarded. People want all editions of all Marvel movies. See how much demand there was for Kimchidvd's Deadpool release, and that was just a couple slip covers, not even a WEA steel (and that's a Fox movie, not even a Marvel universe movie!). Why would Disney cancel this arrangement they have with Zavvi where they are just making money hand over fist?

Reactions: Flash
Why would Disney cancel this arrangement they have with Zavvi where they are just making money hand over fist?

I can't see it either they must be telling Disney you won't believe these crazy steelbook collectors they will buy one steelbook and then few months later will buy the same film again in another steelbook...

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC
Marvel sells
Disney Europe have restrictions on when they allow WEA releases with a few exceptions on new films

Disney first do a release Europe/Asia and USA/Canada/South America
They produce a WWA steelbook for Europe/Asia market and in some countries a retailer get the exclusive for that country they are basically a trade wide release these all sell out due to demand

The films are popular and they know they can sell re releases
The Marvel WEA releases are back catalogue titles
It happens regularly with the Amaray re releases as well not just with Steelbooks

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: JCC
Marvel sells
Disney Europe have restrictions on when they allow WEA releases with a few exceptions on new films

Disney first do a release Europe/Asia and USA/Canada/South America
They produce a WWA steelbook for Europe/Asia market and in some countries a retailer get the exclusive for that country they are basically a trade wide release these all sell out due to demand

The films are popular and they know they can sell re releases
The Marvel WEA releases are back catalogue titles
It happens regularly with the Amaray re releases as well not just with Steelbooks

God forbid FilmArena gets a Marvel WEA steel...they would milk that release to death with 6 different slips and 3 different boxes.

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
Zavvi having bit of a Marvel release wave again, I'm not that keen on the artwork so far, would have to see the rest of it to consider it.

compared to the first zavvi release this steelbook is awesome, title on spine, awesome pic of ultron and a lenticular magnet to boot (as long as its not as bad as the thor zavvi lenticular) :)

• Thanks
Reactions: lgans316 and Flash
If this and ant man are gloss then they would look great, particularly ant man but I just know these will be matte with embossed titles.

Also I'd love for them to hugely improve on the lentis making them less dark and adding more depth but I also can't see it happeing.
That's a lot of wishing

I will definately put an order in for ant man but I'm not 100% on this design yet.
And it will be a little odd without owning the others.