GA
Release date: August 13, 2019
Purchase link: Best Buy
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21
Price: $34.99
SKU: 6344517

6344517_sa.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000.jpeg

Last edited:
I guess I'm in the minority but this is one of the better BestBuy Marvel Steelbook covers in a long time. I like the fact that it's original (not a grab from a movie poster) and not too simplistic (Black Panther). What bothers me though is still no title on the front cover.
I was thinking about the titleless design too and I think in this case, the design as it is, doesn't really need one. I think the logo says it all. Technically a title on every steel would be great but it has to be done right and positioned well without 'too much' going on.

Personally, I believe every single steelbook being released from this day forward should be without a title on the front. Simply because steelbooks are little pieces of art and you wouldn't walk into an art gallery and expect a title slapped across that beautiful piece your about to buy. That's what the spine is for. IMHO

• Informative
Reactions: dfoles
Personally, I believe every single steelbook being released from this day forward should be without a title on the front. Simply because steelbooks are little pieces of art and you wouldn't walk into an art gallery and expect a title slapped across that beautiful piece your about to buy. That's what the spine is for. IMHO

That is one reason i have grown to like steelbooks and just recently started to collect them. I like the art print look on the covers and back.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lone Crusader

Theres just a tiiiiny little problem.
Most of the time the "art" isnt art and just looks plain awful.

...and it looks even more awful when there's a big ugly logo/title slapped on the front side of it.
Personally disagree - can think of countless classic movie posters over the years (Star Wars/Indiana Jones spring to the front of my mind) that both have titles on. To me, that dispels the ‘pieces of art that look worse with a title slapped on the front’ argument.

Each to their own though!

Personally disagree - can think of countless classic movie posters over the years (Star Wars/Indiana Jones spring to the front of my mind) that both have titles on. To me, that dispels the ‘pieces of art that look worse with a title slapped on the front’ argument.

Each to their own though!
I like to think that steelbooks display a form of art front and back and to have an ugly title plastered over the art is terrible. Say you walked into an art gallery, would you buy a piece of art that had the name of that art piece stamped across the front of it? I sure as hell wouldn't. So sometimes we have to settle for a title on the front and others we don't. We get what we get but my preference is without one but as you said, "to each their own".

When using original poster art I'd say a steelbook definitely needs a title . . . with Illustrated/Pop Art etc. maybe not so much.
Not forgetting the other advantage of the front title - it is more usually embossed or debossed even if the artwork itself is not.