Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope so but it will be unlikely as there's no IMAX expansion scenes (this is no spoiler) good example is Spider-Man: Homecoming, no IMAX expansion scenes in the theater so both 3D, 2D are 2.39: 1 AOR on the home viewing...
True, but any prior MCU, as you said, retained it IMAX scenes for 3D blu so am hoping it’s the same here.
Plus, Titanic and other movies also retained the taller aspect ratios on the 3D counterparts of blu-ray releases.

I tell you know I’ll be super gutted if the 3D disc isn’t at least same ratio as IMAX (I can’t bring myself to watch it in a standard 3D/2D screen due to the smaller screen area. Would rather pay £6 per viewing than go for free and lose the top/bottom of the screen, lol)

There's no expansion scenes because the whole film is in imax.

"Avengers: Infinity War marks the first Hollywood film to be shot entirely with IMAX cameras. Exclusively in IMAX theatres, Avengers: Infinity War will be presented in an expanded IMAX 1.9:1 aspect ratio – offering moviegoers up to 26% more of the image than standard theatres for a truly immersive experience."
So if it follows prior MCU blu’s, the 3D should match the IMAX ratio, even if it is all the way through :)

• Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
any chance to get somewhere around the world 4K+3D+2D combo? :(
is here any dedicated thread for such combos?

thank you very much,
Marek

Proper combo’s like that are rare, sadly.

Doubt we’ll see one for this.
Only MCU movie to get full format treatment was Spidey, and that was only because HMV did an exclusive.
It’s usually a case of choosing, 4K or 3D

Proper combo’s like that are rare, sadly.

Doubt we’ll see one for this.
Only MCU movie to get full format treatment was Spidey, and that was only because HMV did an exclusive.
It’s usually a case of choosing, 4K or 3D

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 had a 4K/3D/2D steelbook release in North America.
But not for Infinity War.

any chance to get somewhere around the world 4K+3D+2D combo? :(
is here any dedicated thread for such combos?

thank you very much,
Marek

i would suggest buy yourself 2d+3d version.
look on the bay you can buy dvd disc stickys
buy a 4k disc and stick it in the steel with the dvd disc stickys

be the only way you will do it that i can see but you will have something custom
not the cheapest but will get what you want.

basil :thumbs:

Last edited:

be the only way you will do it that i can see but you will have something custom

What are the spindle plastic stickies called?

feom experience, i’d Recommend wallets,
Had the spindle plastic stick on things and it cracked the spare disc from my Iron Man play.com steel(had to buy the 2 disc ameray again to replace the disc)
I’ve a couple other steels that still use it but I have to be beyond delicately careful (another disc, dvd little mermaid or the first Cap movie disc als has a crack already, just tiny and playability is unaffected, thus far)

Just be careful for those who choose to use these stick on spindle hub things for extra discs.
I’ve opted for simple paper wallets and slot them into the front cover, under the little leaflet/booklet hooks. Not as pretty but safer)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Stygian
Just thinking about different types of art for this release from different retailers and the WWA/WEA options. Predicting here as well as what I would go for...

1. Zavvi/Best buy/Amazon worldwide etc...
The WWA big 'A' logo. Best Buy may have some slight difference i.e a slipcover, embossed text etc but overall the same art.

2. Blufans...
An amazing WEA package of goodies just like the usual releases from them. Probably something similar to @Noodles concept hopefully. Also, I would quite like 4 versions this time around - Lenti, Double lenti, Full and Quarter. Maybe something special included being such a big movie. I welcome the usual sexy box they come in too.

3. Kimchi -
Their usual WWA stunning lenti release but would love to see a fullslip alternative too this time. Looking at their Cap releases this would be a lovely welcome. Maybe a WWA set with their own slips?

4. Novamedia - A set like their previius releases with a nice box similar to blufans. A variety of lentis and fullslip as per usual. We know this will be WWA too.

5. FilmArena -
I can take or leave FA releases if I'm honest.
I try to be an MCU completionist however, so if they have a Maniacs set like Spidey with or without WEA then I'm all over it for sure!

Is it always the case that only one retailer gets the WEA?

Reactions: Noodles
Just thinking about different types of art for this release from different retailers and the WWA/WEA options. Predicting here as well as what I would go for...

1. Zavvi/Best buy/Amazon worldwide etc...
The WWA big 'A' logo. Best Buy may have some slight difference i.e a slipcover, embossed text etc but overall the same art.

2. Blufans...
An amazing WEA package of goodies just like the usual releases from them. Probably something similar to @Noodles concept hopefully. Also, I would quite like 4 versions this time around - Lenti, Double lenti, Full and Quarter. Maybe something special included being such a big movie. I welcome the usual sexy box they come in too.

3. Kimchi -
Their usual WWA stunning lenti release but would love to see a fullslip alternative too this time. Looking at their Cap releases this would be a lovely welcome. Maybe a WWA set with their own slips?

4. Novamedia - A set like their previius releases with a nice box similar to blufans. A variety of lentis and fullslip as per usual. We know this will be WWA too.

5. FilmArena -
I can take or leave FA releases if I'm honest.
I try to be an MCU completionist however, so if they have a Maniacs set like Spidey with or without WEA then I'm all over it for sure!

1- I think it's safe to say that Zavvi's release will be the same art as Best Buys which has been confirmed to be that horrid one with Thanos and the Gauntlet :(
3/4 - Those WWA bells and whistles releases have been replaced by a single release by FNC judging on how Coco, Thor Ragnarok and Star Wars TLJ were treated. Kimchi and Nova will still sell the product but there wont be multiple editions. Nova may pick the film up and do a WEA release a couple of years down the line though to match their previous Avengers and Avengers AOU releases
5- Yep FA's will be the run of the litter, WWA in meh looking slips if it's ever released at all, bearing in mind we're still waiting on Civil War and Doctor Strange from them (not that I doubt many care)

• Thanks
Reactions: St4rlord
Novamedia - A set like their previius releases with a nice box similar to blufans. A variety of lentis and fullslip as per usual. We know this will be WWA too.
I loved Nova's Avengers NE and their Guardians Vol 1 NE, hoping they do A:IW, but chances are it will appear after BF and I'll have lost interest.

• Thanks
1- I think it's safe to say that Zavvi's release will be the same art as Best Buys which has been confirmed to be that horrid one with Thanos and the Gauntlet :(
3/4 - Those WWA bells and whistles releases have been replaced by a single release by FNC judging on how Coco, Thor Ragnarok and Star Wars TLJ were treated. Kimchi and Nova will still sell the product but there wont be multiple editions. Nova may pick the film up and do a WEA release a couple of years down the line though to match their previous Avengers and Avengers AOU releases
5- Yep FA's will be the run of the litter, WWA in meh looking slips if it's ever released at all, bearing in mind we're still waiting on Civil War and Doctor Strange from them (not that I doubt many care)

Blufans the daddy of them all again then.

I'm curious, how does it work in who has dibs on the WEA and why is there no [different] WEA released at the same time by different retailers?

Blufans the daddy of them all again then.

I'm curious, how does it work in who has dibs on the WEA and why is there no [different] WEA released at the same time by different retailers?

Your guess is as good as mine, maybe someone like Blufans pays for timed exclusive rights? Maybe someone likes Nova feel they'll get better sales by waiting a year or so? No idea :)

What are the spindle plastic stickies called?

feom experience, i’d Recommend wallets,
Had the spindle plastic stick on things and it cracked the spare disc from my Iron Man play.com steel(had to buy the 2 disc ameray again to replace the disc)
I’ve a couple other steels that still use it but I have to be beyond delicately careful (another disc, dvd little mermaid or the first Cap movie disc als has a crack already, just tiny and playability is unaffected, thus far)

Just be careful for those who choose to use these stick on spindle hub things for extra discs.
I’ve opted for simple paper wallets and slot them into the front cover, under the little leaflet/booklet hooks. Not as pretty but safer)

for those asking you can get foam ones all diff colours which do no damage either

link in spoiler for ebay results

hope it helps

I was meant to get some posters from Odeon but they didn't hand them out and I forgot to ask!!

On another note, anyone grabbing one of these to compliment their steelbook?

Bargain!!

Last edited by a moderator: