Avengers: Infinity War (4K+2D & 3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBooks) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September 3, 2018
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 3D+2D
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £24.99 (3D+2D)
Notes: Title on spine. Debossing around Thanos, the gauntlet and the Infinity stones w/ spot gloss.

03.jpg

11743005-1714593696194796.jpg
02.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they could have embossed the stones - in a process known as 3D embossing - where you have embossing on top of embossing . . . but the designers maybe thought that the stones would get damaged more easily if raised instead of sunk into the artwork . . . truth to tell the real life stones do appear more pronounced than on the poster and steelbook: . . . different shape too - cushion cut as opposed to round cut:-
1534203545889.png

1534202819531.png
1534201875701.png

Couple of examples of 3D embossing on metal:-
1534201046584.png
1534201133101.png

Last edited:
Reactions: robbodoc
This embossing/debossing follows the CA:WS for WWA pattern and I can't remember since then any other steelbook from Marvel looking as dynamic/cool as that. Was all other's released afterwards really as flat as a pancake in the UK?!?

Yes, they could have embossed the stones - in a process known as 3D embossing - where you have embossing on top of embossing . . . but the designers maybe thought that the stones would get damaged more easily if raised instead of sunk into the artwork.

They could have just debossed the areas around the stones. They did the same thing on the GOTG2 steelbook to make the button embossed, they debossed the area around it

stonesdebossed.png

Looks like gloss

Don’t understand why the stones are debossed though (edit - ahh they have debossed the lines around making the stones embossed)

Reactions: StifflersDad
Debossing the stones was dumb, but I'm more annoyed by the fact the front, spine and back art don't quite line up.

Still a fairly decent WWA steel though IMO (this is Marvel after all), especially as it's gloss!

Debossing the stones was dumb, but I'm more annoyed by the fact the front, spine and back art don't quite line up.

Still a fairly decent WWA steel though IMO (this is Marvel after all), especially as it's gloss!

I think that spine will look more lined up when it’s closed. I’ve seen it before when it’s open fully the lining don’t quite match (on a continued art) but I agree that’s a little more off than normal

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I like the debossing, outside of the stones. I don't know why they couldn't do a proper wraparound. I think with the stones being debossed, I prefer the US release, with the brighter colors. The planet pops much more. I guess one could argue the morose coloring is more fitting, and the debossing is perfect if you want to make stone magnets.

Looks pretty decent judging by these pics courtesy Steelbookpro:-
Avengers-Infinity-War-steelbook-eur-5.jpg
Avengers-Infinity-War-steelbook-eur-6.jpg

The 'bossing around the Infinity Stones of the Australian steelbook expertly photographed by Vincenzo Demasi :-
You know what, some deep rich colours a’la Aladdin and nice gloss f8nish, that rear artworks a winner

Still not sold on the front so guess which side with be on display

Well, for the price I should hope so. I personally don't understand why people compare releases like this with premium releases.
Because we can. Back in the day, standard steelbooks would have amazing artworks and finishes. These days not so much. So that’s the comparison.

This is still a better version than the best buy which is just flat with no debossing/embossing. Anyone know if this version is Europe wide with Amazon Germany?
Yes, although some territories will have the spine title replaced with thumbnail pics - France for example:-

Last edited: