Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History [Hardcover Book]

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
I didn't found a thread for this awesome book so I thought maybe some ninjas don't know about it.
For me it is the best anniversary release for this movie, way better than all crappy movie special editions :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

61q-mnMy3ZL._SX415_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Release date: 20th October 2015
Price & Purchase link:
29,65 USD - Amazon.com
41,30 EUR - Amazon.de

I've pre-ordered at Amazon.de and pay'd 31 EUR. Delivered today. And it bleeds quality!!!
Just some facts:
Big hardcover book, BTTF logo on the front embossed, thick paper with high quality pictures exclusive to this book and also exclusive text content only for this book. AND: A SHITLOAD OF REMOVABLE EXTRAS LIKE: Jaw 19 poster, LENTICULAR photo of Marty and his disappearing family, letters, notes, envelopes and and and so much more :hungry::hungry::hungry: All content are in the book, some loose some decent sticked to the page so you can leave it in there or take it off ...

This is the official press-text:

Great Scott! Go Back to the Future with Doc Brown and Marty McFly in this visually stunning look at the creation of one of the most beloved movie trilogies of all time.

Few films have made an impact on popular culture like the Back to the Future trilogy. This deluxe, officially licensed book goes behind the scenes to tell the complete story of the making of these hugely popular movies and how the adventures of Marty McFly and Doc Brown became an international phenomenon.

Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History is a stunning journey into the creation of this beloved time-traveling saga and features hundreds of never-before-seen images from all three movies, along with rare concept art, storyboards, and other visual treasures.

The book also features exclusive interviews with key cast and crew members—including Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Robert Zemeckis, Bob Gale, Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, Kathleen Kennedy, and more—and tells the complete story of the production of the movies, from the initial concept to the staging of iconic scenes such as the “Enchantment Under the Sea” dance and the hoverboard sequence. The book also delves into the wider Back to the Future universe, exploring the animated television show and Back to the Future: The Ride.

Written by Michael Klastorin—the production publicist on the second and third movies—with Back to the Future expert Randal Atamaniuk, this book delivers a range of surprises from the Universal Pictures archives and also includes a wealth of special removable items.

Comprehensive, compelling, and definitive, Back to the Future: The Ultimate Visual History is the book that fans have been waiting for.

• Removable items include:
  • Hill Valley High School Tardy Slip
  • Back to the Future The Ride security pass
  • Save the Clocktower leaflet
  • Sepia photograph of Marty and Doc from Part III
  • Marty’s note to Doc from the first film with the envelope
  • George McFly’s book
  • Jaws 19 movie poster
  • George and Lorraine’s prom photo
  • Doc’s flux capacitor sketch from the first film
  • Doc’s note to Marty from 1885
  • Biff one dollar bill from Part II
  • Blast from the Past receipt from Part II
  • Lenticular version of the iconic McFly family photo from the first film

Youtube Video:
'Back to the Future' co-autor and filmmaker Bob Gale and Unit Publicist Michael Klastorin recall the journey of the stories, secrets and challenges behind the creation of the Ultimate Visual History book.

Here are some shots of mine:

34e2quo.jpg

35izkhg.jpg

2rzdjkx.jpg

2m5ibdh.jpg

302v0hk.jpg

ejak9e.jpg

16kneix.jpg

Last edited:
I know @paulboland you ordered this too. Maybe you can spread also your impression on the book. I'm really stunned and for 30 EUR its a bargain :drool:

Check this out BTTF ninjas @Apollon @Hatori @Actarus @Tacozilla @DADDYCOOL187 @BluSteel2012 @mlmaier84
I had this on order with amazon uk but I had preordered the USA Harper Design version and amazon UK had not shipped my order they kept changing the expected arrival date and is no longer listed as available as amazon UK as the seller

The UK Version from Titan Books is available from Amazon UK and other UK retailers
I reordered the UK version from Titan Books (Same Book as USA with same contents )from Book Depository at a cheaper price €29.83 euro with free shipping and I'm waiting for my order to be despatched

To others deciding to get or not
This book is amazing looking and I expect it will be out of print at some stage so if you not already ordered I would do so now while you can

I had this on order with amazon uk but I had preordered the USA Harper Design version and amazon UK had not shipped my order they kept changing the expected arrival date and is no longer listed as available as amazon UK as the seller

The UK Version from Titan Books is available from Amazon UK and other UK retailers
I reordered the UK version from Titan Books (Same Book as USA with same contents )from Book Depository at a cheaper price €29.83 euro with free shipping and I'm waiting for my order to be despatched

To others deciding to get or not
This book is amazing looking and I expect it will be out of print at some stage so if you not already ordered I would do so now while you can

Is there any difference between the versions you mentioned? Harper Design and Titan Books?
I thought everything is the same. Mine is from Harper Design...

Reactions: paulboland
Is there any difference between the versions you mentioned? Harper Design and Titan Books?
I thought everything is the same. Mine is from Harper Design...
They are the exact same no difference at all
USA is distributed by Harper Design
UK is distributed by Titan Books

It is normal for a book to be from different distributors in USA/UK
It dont affect the book content they are the same sometimes the front of the book can have different artwork cover but the rest of the book is the same

With this Book all including the front cover is the same

• Helpful Post
Reactions: vurt and dan8885
Ordered this as well and can't wait for this absolute beauty to arrive. I watched some unboxing videos for this one and this is worth every cent spent on it. I'm looking more forward to receiving this than some pre-ordered exclusives now. Truly a bargain. :hungry::hungry:

Reactions: vurt and dan8885
I got delivery this morning
A fantastic looking book
The embossing on the front is cool and very well done

I looked quickly at the content of the book its looks good
I will take my time reading every page later this week

The pull out inserts are cool
I love the Jaws 19 poster

Reactions: luke98 and dan8885