May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Barbie

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Director: Greta Gerwig

Cast: Margot Robbie

Release: 2023-21-07

Plot: A doll living in 'Barbieland' is expelled for not being perfect enough and sets off on an adventure in the real world. A Live-action feature film based on the popular line of Barbie toys.

Fs31oa3aMAIHp5R Medium.jpeg

Really can't wait for this, looking great so far. Gosling in a comedic role that's slightly reminiscent of what he did in The Nice Guys is just perfect.

Reactions: Noodles
Just came back from the cinema after seeing this and while I enjoyed bits, the set design was bonkers and the cast were all good especially Gosling I felt a bit let down and wanted to like it more.

However saying, that Gosling was a highlight and Imo stole it, his “ I am Ken song“ is a classic I can’t stop hearing in my head

I AM KEN, ANYWHERE ELSE I WOULD BE A 10…..

Ryan Gosling Barbie GIF by Warner Bros. Pictures

Last edited:
Just came back from the cinema after seeing this and while I enjoyed bits, the set design was bonkers and the cast were all good especially Gosling I felt a bit let down and wanted to like it more.

However saying, that Gosling was a highlight and Imo stole it, his “ I am Ken song“ is a classic I can’t stop hearing in my head

Agree, Gosling stole the show. But I guess that's just a guy's perspective of the film. If you're a woman you probably loved all of it and I'm not saying that to be chauvinistic it's just that this films main demographic clearly isn't dudes

Agree, Gosling stole the show. But I guess that's just a guy's perspective of the film. If you're a woman you probably loved all of it and I'm not saying that to be chauvinistic it's just that this films main demographic clearly isn't dudes
Well I am a woman and I still think Gosling stole it.

Reactions: Chievera
I

I kind of felt the same, can't quite put my finger on it, guess I felt a lot of the humour was a little too on the nose? I thought some of it was a bit more nuanced so they were capable of doing more of that. But on reflection after seeing both Oppenheimer and this yesterday, I did like it more than I thought I did in the moment (and I thought that I liked it, just that I expected a little more). Gosling definitely stole it though (but I'm a Gosling fanboy so I was probably always going to feel that). :p