Batman (1989) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #9) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: March 22, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - The Entertainment Store (eBay) (Pre-order on February 15)
Price: £29.99 (Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV - eBay) - £30.00 (Amazon)

148526315_504232367640287_1286063053989270317_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Whether it is a cult movie or not, I am still a big fan of Tim Burton and will definitely try to get this one. His unique style of storytelling always amazes me, especially the way he deals with every detail such as colors.

I wasn't around when the film was originally released, but I've always seen this as the real batman, an 80's classic, just like Terminator 2, Aliens, SW V&VI etc.
And there's nothing cult about those films, Batman seems similar to them, at least in terms of financial results. I think Batman has a lil cult edge to it because of its goofiness, but this is not a real cult film at all IMO.
However my argument isn't really valid anyways, since I didn't experience those times myself :coffee:
Nah! REAL Batman is this one: :rofl:

What a bit of serendipity! I‘ve never heard or saw this and I ended up loving this song and particularly the video.
Haha well, I can't stand him/his music and only used the gif because it was the most relevant. Glad you were able to get some enjoyment out of it though of course! :)

reading this thread recently be like...
bloomfield hills wtf GIF

as we ask...
brandon rogers question GIF by VRV

but, we're finally agreed then? ;)
season 1 hbo GIF

;) joking aside, surely the main point is a major studio subsidiary retailer with a clickbait / profile raising name is releasing a new version of a film with many fans, which will give new collectors the chance to own a steelbook copy of a great film, and older collectors the chance to increase their Batmania. i've not super liked a release yet from ToC, but good luck to those of you going for this. :thumbs:

Reactions: Punker76
Perhaps this will provide some answers as to what constitutes a 'cult' movie:
"The critic examines the qualities necessary for a film to become a cult classic, as well as the main types of a genre that is dictated by the audience rather than the film-maker."

Or perhaps not! :)

Reactions: MM3