Batman Begins (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 53) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 15, 2024
Purchase links: Box Set - Full Slip - Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B (Pre-order on January 19, at 8 PM - Hong Kong time)
Price: $175.97 (Box Set) - $52.99 (Full Slip) - $54.99 (Double Lenti A - Double Lenti B)

Notes:
WEA, Exclusive Steelcase designed by Manta Lab features "Full Glossy" Finish and "Debossed Title".
Box Set: 600 Sets, Numbered 1-600. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Full Slip: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. Spot Foil, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti A: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 3D+Flip Lenticuar (Front), 3D Lenticular (Back) Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Double Lenti B: 1000 copies, Numbered 1-1000. 2 x 3D Lenticulars, Spot Glossy, Spot Matte, Spot Embossing.
Premiums: Booklet, Postcards, Character Cards, Envelope, Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Front Sticker, Exclusive Release Lenticular Sticker, Tip On.

Batman_begins_BOX_packshot_OC_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_FS_2000x.jpgBB_Batman_beginsA_2000x.jpgBatman_begins_packshot_DLSB_2000x.jpg

Last edited:
FAC and Manta have only ONE thing common these days, and that´s GREEDINESS! There are the days (long time forgotten) when Manta did stuff for us collectors in a first place (pick their favourite movies, making experiments (The Revenant leather slip, Constantine first GITD fullslip, special oneclicks etc...)....now they see only money, releases every three weeks like on conveyor belt, and all the same boring stuff (n) and the picked films are worse and worse :vomit:

FAC and Manta have only ONE thing common these days, and that´s GREEDINESS! There are the days (long time forgotten) when Manta did stuff for us collectors in a first place (pick their favourite movies, making experiments (The Revenant leather slip, Constantine first GITD fullslip, special oneclicks etc...)....now they see only money, releases every three weeks like on conveyor belt, and all the same boring stuff (n) and the picked films are worse and worse :vomit:
Yeah wish they’d go back to 80’s, 90’s and 2000’s titles and Tarantino, Fincher, Kubrick catalogues and the like.

Reactions: milky and Mararagan
Manta are nothing like FAC... for the simple fact that they actually deliver their products, relatively close to their initial release dates. There's literally nothing can be said to argue it.
That wasn’t why I was comparing them

Manta are over doing it. We all know it. At times quality slightly dips. Then picks up. Then dips... back and forth. There’s too many orders. Some designs are really poor and lazy. Strange choices on certain things. Then a release comes along that’s perfect and sets them back on track and then after it’s all inconsistent again. One a month is pushing it imo from a premium retailer. But I’d rather that than every 3 weeks like they have for the past year. I do believe all this affects quality and designs

However now that DCEU is on a rest I’m happy to get films like Oppenheimer and Wonka from them. Hopefully some other decent surprises. Poor things would be a great surprise although I have no idea on the distributor over there

Reactions: milky
Do you really think companies like Manta starting their business for collectors? For the greater good? Sure. It is always about money.

So let's recap:
currently no planned steelbooks from Plain Archive, kimchidvd, weet, Novamedia, hdzeta.
And people want Manta Lab to slow down...

tbf when the alternative is the 3rd premium edition of films like Batman Begins (my favourite film of all time btw) then yeah

More and more are getting fatigued with the hobby these days, brand new releases like Wonka are still welcome but too many double/triple/quadruple dips happening these days making the hobby both expensive and boring

So let's recap:
currently no planned steelbooks from Plain Archive, kimchidvd, weet, Novamedia, hdzeta.
And people want Manta Lab to slow down...

HDzeta - now Barbie and soon Shazam
Blufans - this year already 3x discless Marvel + MoS

Weet, nothing announced currently but I have a feeling we get something real soon.

Cinemuseum had preorder for BTTF not long ago and there will be something this year for sure

More than enough

PA and Kimchidvd are dead long time with releasing new steelbook premiums

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh and new retailer Astro Creations coming, plus hidden EverythingBlu and Filmarena still in the air too, so yeah, like I said, more than enough and Manta releasing every 3 weeks is just ridiculous

HDzeta - now Barbie and soon Shazam
Blufans - this year already 3x discless Marvel + MoS

Weet, nothing announced currently but I have a feeling we get something real soon.

Cinemuseum had preorder for BTTF not long ago and there will be something this year for sure

More than enough

PA and Kimchidvd are dead long time with releasing new steelbook premiums
Barbie hdz is just WWA.
Shazam "soon"...
Last hdz releases were LotR? More than a year ago.

Blufans: 4 titles in Jan-Apr '24. So 1 every month. We dont know yet if there will be more delays. Especially for MoS.

Cinemuseum... I don't support them. So I dont care/count.

I just wanted to state that in total we have currently less premium releases compared to years before. But the costs per release increased. Because of 4k, higher shipping costs, import fees, $/€, etc.

Reactions: yeslek
I just wanted to state that in total we have currently less premium releases compared to years before. But the costs per release increased. Because of 4k, higher shipping costs, import fees, $/€, etc.

That’s the issue though. Increased costs with Manta and blufans. So maybe less releases overall but it all costs so much more now.

It can be real hard to drop £60/£70 on a single premium, £120 on 2 or £180 on a OC every 3 weeks. Every 3 weeks!! Plus everything else in the world costs more. My food shopping in the past year and half has doubled every 2 weeks for example where before that paid for another premium or 2 each month. Which sounds sad but a lot of people’s reality. That also leaves you with nothing to spend on things outside collecting like going out with friends or what not. And I know everyone is different in what they earn or spend but it can be hard to keep up with and to justify.

It will affect them eventually. Might take a few years but we already see stuff stay in stock 24 hours after a pre order and items come back in stock that they can’t shift for months so it may be starting slow but it will eventually affect them with this release schedule. Plus quality improves when they slow it down. Not just a machine pumping sh!t out

Not really comparable, since Filmarena is mostly WWA ****.
Which should be even easier, but they couldn't handle that...

I've noticed a 'wrong' tendency in myself of buying a movie just because it has a 'pretty package', if you know what I mean, while otherwise wouldn't.
Maybe we should be more selective, then we could easily afford what really matters.

Reactions: crib79