Purchase links:
Amazon.com
BestBuy.com
Walmart.com

Release date: 7th May 2013
Scanned Image-20.jpg

Other pictures:

Last edited by a moderator:
Look in the Warner US Wave thread for picture of this steelbook - same artwork as the UK release. No report of the inside art yet.

i see best buy AND walmart both have releases scheduled. best buy 5/7 and walmart 6/4, with walmarts being an 'exclusive'.

neither site offers any real info. .

Where did you see Walmart's release date of 6/4? If you follow the link in the original post, the title says steelbook packaging and a release date of May 7th on the Walmart.com site.

Reactions: jaws finatic

Thanks for the link. It is very likely not a steelbook but one of several Walmart exclusive packaging for the regular plastic cases to promote their Vudu digital download service.

Here is the same deal for The Dark Knight, again with a 6/4 release date and the Vudu digital service promotion. Warner Brothers is at its best here - milking its prized franchise to the last penny.

Last edited:
i do see from pg1 here that it is also being released 5/7 at walmart. confusing that the photo of the steelbook has the classic blu plasic case. with supposedly a differing image than the steel that will be offered.

Looks to me that Begins is going to be just as nice as the original Canadian release/German re-issue, TDK though may well be nicer than the German one with the same cover art. Really looking forward to getting these when they're released in the UK :)