Batman Begins (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: August 31, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live at around 11 PM for Red Carpet Subscribers and 12 PM General Sale UK Time)
Price: £16.99
Notes: 2 Discs (Disc 1 Film - Disc 2 Extras)

10794331-1364745876303097.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Felix_ro
Has this been re-released? Looks the same as the 2013 one to me.
I read a post on steelbookpro that there will be a re-release wave of Nolan movies, to lead up to Tenet.
Movies involved would be:
  • Le Prestige
  • Inception
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Interstellar
  • Dunkerque

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MrSquifler
Special Features:

• The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue
  • Tankman Begins: A Batman Begins Spoof
  • Batman – The Journey Begins
  • Shaping Mind and Body – Christian Bale’s transformation into Batman
  • Gotham City Rises – Witness the creation of Gotham City, the Batcave, Wayne Manor and More
  • Cape and Crowl: the Development of the new Batsuit
  • Batman – The Tumbler – The Reinvention of the Batmobile
  • Path to Discover – A look at the first week filming on rugged and remote Iceland locations
  • Saving Gotham City – The development of miniatures
  • Reflections on Writing Batman Begins – with David S Goyer
  • Digital Batman – The effects you may have missed
  • Batman Begins Stunts
  • Stills Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer

This took me by surprise, but I’ve preordered because this is the only film in the trilogy I don’t own. Was the previous release one or two disc?

Also, I wonder whether this rerelease is because studios aren’t releasing movies at cinemas, so are looking at catalogue releases to plug the gap that there’ll be in their release schedule. If so, can Disney actually get on the ball and release better versions of The Rock, Armageddon and some other classic 90s BV titles? Please.

Recently picked up the 4k digibooks for these, and there's not a lot of films I would be tempted to double dip on, but I would have considered it if they had included 4K disks. Seems strange that they would just release the blu rays again. (100% going for Interstellar though, that's a sought after one for me.)

I read a post on steelbookpro that there will be a re-release wave of Nolan movies, to lead up to Tenet.
Movies involved would be:
  • Le Prestige
  • Inception
  • Batman Begins
  • The Dark Knight
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Interstellar
  • Dunkerque
Will definitely have to pick some of these up. I only own the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I think I'll probably pass on this though, it's the same art so there's no point other than the special features.

Will definitely have to pick some of these up. I only own the Dark Knight Trilogy.

I think I'll probably pass on this though, it's the same art so there's no point other than the special features.
Prestige for me and the trilogy. Interstellar I have, same with Dunkirk AND Manta is doing it as well.
FAC Inception as well, and not sure what the steel will be either.