Release date: August 8, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £15.99

11295488-1954394628505164.jpeg

11295488-1454394628542847.jpg
11295488-7364394628556692.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish they would do batman dark knight returns :(

Already done. One of the first and one of the most limited. Also the only one out of the collection with embossing. And one edition possibly the Canadian has cool art cards

In France it was released as 2 seperate steels part 1 and 2 but it has the French title and printed back I think

Going forward I think all DC animated steels will be avaliable in the Uk and there has been about 8 or 9 already. The Mexican shop sanborns still has batman bad blood and usually quite cheap and cheap shipping. They have sales every other week usually so aslong as its below £15 you don't get customs etc.
I've ordered 3 from there over the past year and half all for just under £11. Same steel as us, Canada and France just has Mexican writing on the j card but they all play in uk players

Justice league gods seemed quite limited too

Reactions: Flash
do you think they will do UK steelbook of batman dark knight returns?

If these DC animated steels keep selling well then maybe, but it was split into two parts over here so they would probably release two, i have the american steel and its combined into one movie and its over 3 hours i believe or just under.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flash and Flloydo
Got one in time.

Already my fourth copy (one from Target, one free replacement from Target, one I bought off a user) all damaged in one way or another. Here's hoping the fifth is my lucky copy. I like the spot gloss that the international verisons got compared to the all glossy Target verison.

Amazon.co.uk have the French releases of The Dark Knight Returns in stock - Part(ie) 1 French steelbook for £9.76, Part(ie) 2 for £8.42, not much dearer than the 2 amaray releases...

The French steelbook releases have that awful black banner on the top and French titles. Not the worst but nowhere near the same level of quality as the US steelbook.

The French steelbook releases have that awful black banner on the top and French titles. Not the worst but nowhere near the same level of quality as the US steelbook.

Yeah I agree they don't look anywhere near as good as the US release (one of the rarer steels in my collection) but when they are looking for £125 on ebay, at least it's an option.