Beauty and the Beast (2017) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #43) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey - One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Full glossy finish & embossed WEA steelbook

Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad

I do also really like the back of the WWA too though

The Back on this reminds me of horns a little bit

The WWA release looks pretty smart but this is on another level, excellent once again from Blufans.

It's rare when the WWA compares to the Blufans WEA but this is one of those times. Still, Blufans' design fixes the problems I had with the WWA. The stars on the front. Better colors. And a fantastic back to it. Plus a better finish as Blufans' WEA will be embossed!

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Beast and Beauty both on the front and back is a big no no. I expect more imagination/variety from Blufans or from whoever designs their releases. The WWA doesn't repeat characters like this one. The rose is in front, Beauty & Beast on the back and a multitude on the inside. I'm starting to get emotional so I'll stop. :sour:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: yy0925
It's also a little niggle of mine, but OCD to one side, I'm never keen on names being under the wrong pictures on film posters etc. On here, the names are under the wrong characters. I would much prefer the rose on the front and characters on the back. Knowing Blufans, it will still be lovely and shiny.

Member for a while now, but I'd gotten away from HDN because I haven't been collecting steels as much as I would like. I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Personally, not a big fan of the flower cover. I think this is what I'd prefer on my "perfect" copy. Of course, I'm familiar with the Blufans discs, I'm NOT an MVP, and I know I may have little chance to get in on it.

That said, I'm kinda hoping everyone who gets the Best Buy release might leave a few of these for others of us. And if so, I'd love to be in on it! :)

This film in 3D is a masterpiece and instantly climbed into my top 10. I hoped this would be a bigger release (especially considering that the US didn't get a 3D release). I already imported this WWA steelbook from India so I'm on the fence here... I was hoping for a nice deep double lenti. Maybe Blufans will come to the rescue (I difinitely prefer their WEA). I like the IDEA of the rose on the cover but in its current form the image is too busy and less impactful than it could be because with no spot glossing/embossing/debossing nothing stands out and it just looks busy. I think the rose could make a SPECTACULAR Lenti if done well. The pedals could even fall to the floor of the case as you turn the image. Several scenes from the "Be My Guest" scene or from the ballroom dance scene could make awesome Lenti images as well. The scene where Ms. Potts floats up and out of the screen surrounded by the dishes would make awesome Lenti as well! I hope Blufans gives us some options (but I know it's limited to official images)!

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Lionet