Sep 20, 2015
France
Release date: January 31, 2018
Purchase link: FNAC
Price: €29.99
Note: Blu-Ray + DVD + Extras. Spot gloss

La-Belle-et-la-Bete-Edition-speciale-Fnac-Steelbook-Blu-ray-DVD.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
there are couple of steelbooks from this wave (see above) prints are wrong for a few mm just like aladdin wall e elliott may be some more

it's pretty disgusting when u think each title is 30 €

don't worth it

big fail for me

gonna wait for a price drop and i may buy big hero 6 (which is also bad finished just like aladdin...), pinocchio, robin hood, dalmatians and may beauty & the beast ...

Reactions: gaeljet
I don't follow FNAC and haven't ordered from them before. Couple of questions: Do they ship to the US? Are these Disney steels likely to stick around for a while? And if they do, are they likely to be reduced in price later?

15 in WAVE #1
5 with English language friendly titles (CARS, RATATOUILLE, PINOCCHIO, WALL.E and ALADDIN).
13 WEA + 2 same artwork as from Zavvi (THE JUNGLE BOOK and PINOCCHIO):-

12/8/2013 -------------------------------- 18/12/2017 ------------------------ / ------------------- 7/7/2014 ------------------------18/12/2017 -----------------
72910_large.jpg
189082_large.jpg
102389_large.jpg
189085_large.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't follow FNAC and haven't ordered from them before. Couple of questions: Do they ship to the US? Are these Disney steels likely to stick around for a while? And if they do, are they likely to be reduced in price later?

I can attempt answers to all three:-

1) Customer from the US quote, "FNAC France ships direct. They just use A1 similar mailers for 1-2 steels. Not sure how they would ship the whole lot... Also heard before that their customer service isn't that great. I've only ordered twice and have been lucky with no damage ..."

2) Steelbookpro quote from the 17th Dec. 2017, "En fait, bizarrement, ils seront disponibles en magasins plus tard, au mois de janvier voir février (problème de stock ?). Mais on peut les commander sur le site dès aujourd’hui (release date 17/12/17), ils sont bien disponibles immédiatement via fnac.com."

In store at FNAC (French ninja?) from January 31, 2018 :- http://www.leblogdefanaworld.fr/15-blurays-steelbooks-exclusif-fnac-a-venir-prochainement-france/
upload_2018-1-16_22-32-2.png

3) Price reductions ?
1,000 - 4,000 (?) print run for each . . . WEA artwork . . . 3 discs (2 BDs + DVD in each) . . . second wave later this year . . . vs. . . domestic titles on two thirds . . . high 30 Euros price . . .

If following the Disney UK steelbooks example some were reduced to under 10 quid, if I remember correctly, especially the couple with larger than usual print runs . . . including the best of them (THE JUNGLE BOOK).
Anyway . . .
mLELpYqIp4fKM.gif

funny that the pic you shared is actually the store in my city :) (Rennes)

in fact both pinocchio and jungle book are fake same artwork coz there are not embossed just like zavvis ... plus pinocchio has got this print job screwed up !!!

i think it can be lower cost but to what point and ... when ?

patience always pay am interested into 7 - 9 titles will see if the future helps me ... but for sure 30 € is too much

never paid over 25 for a zavvi so ...

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax
Second wave of 15 will reportedly be FuturePaks (as with the Studio Ghiblis) instead of steelbooks.

Those confirmed so far:-
THE LITTLE MERMAID
FINDING NEMO
ATLANTIS
FINDING DORY

Reactions: DMD4k