Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 14, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon IT
Price: €16.80

81q0+k5ZdtL._SX522_.jpg

81sW1kWJ+eL._SX522_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
With a great finsh, gloss and possibly deboss this could turn into a contender for steel of the year. Well one without all the extras etc

If some of these turn out well then I hope they stick around until after Christmas

nice...let it be glossy please

Amazon.It seriously need to learn how to safely pack their steelbooks....getting a dinged copy guaranteed every time for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ricker
I tried changing it. It takes a lot of skill to remove the original inside art and print on a new one. You need a lot of time and precision to get it right.

The only easy thing that comes to my mind is stuffing in a printed paper with desired artwork :)
Standard photo paper 5x7 fits almost perfect. You need to slightly trim it, but it's almost perfect.
One for each side. (I don't worry about the spine section). Get the high res art from MovieposterDB or MoviepictureDB (i think it is Cinematerial now) and download it.
This is a great help:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: javiermendoza
I tried changing it. It takes a lot of skill to remove the original inside art and print on a new one. You need a lot of time and precision to get it right.

The only easy thing that comes to my mind is stuffing in a printed paper with desired artwork :)

"Remove the original inside art?" Are you sure you were handling a steelbook? The inside art will be printed on the metal...you can't remove it, except maybe with some heavy duty paint thinner or something...God forbid you try that lol

Reactions: lgans316
"Remove the original inside art?" Are you sure you were handling a steelbook? The inside art will be printed on the metal...you can't remove it, except maybe with some heavy duty paint thinner or something...God forbid you try that lol
Sand paper works too. I've sanded off a spine or two.

Reactions: JCC

It was a steelbook. I know the art is printed on the metal and you can remove it without much trouble but the issue of putting on a new artwork is another thing entirely. Nearly lost my mind.
The same thing happened (nearly lost my mind) when I tried to repair the dents on a steelbook. You need to be delicate which I'm not :rofl:

It was a steelbook. I know the art is printed on the metal and you can remove it without much trouble but the issue of putting on a new artwork is another thing entirely. Nearly lost my mind.
The same thing happened (nearly lost my mind) when I tried to repair the dents on a steelbook. You need to be delicate which I'm not :rofl:

What did you use to remove the art? Did it cleanly remove it? No trace of the previous art?

What did you use to remove the art? Did it cleanly remove it? No trace of the previous art?

I don't exactly remember the name of the product but it was a very fine sanding pad and some weird paste actually very similar to car wax with those tiny particles in it - don't know what it's called.
I did try sanding it with a very fine sanding paper but it takes a bit longer and you have to be really precise. I also tried with Dremel's hand sander but I fckd up a bit - made metal a bit thin so I stopped messing around with it.

Bare in mind, I was just experimenting. The same way as I did with trying to fix small and big dents on steelbooks.

I wasn't very good with either of the two. I might try again one day with an old steelbook I have lying around somewhere.

Yes I have "changed" the inside artwork in way too many SteelBooks so much so that I am not going to pay good money for something that needs any modification on my part. But yes this is a very good candidate for my library if there is an edition with a different inside artwork. Heck this is the FIRST SteelBook edition for this movie I believe so there is plenty of time for other editions :D:p:happy: